Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda???? what were they thinking?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda???? what were they thinking?

LOL that is great!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Range Rover

That's as far as I'll go though as I don't want to go against what I said earlier and make this a personal attack against anyone here. I believe we're all going to disagree, but we should respect each other.

(Plus I HATE when threads go OT)

Old 12-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

I agree, I respect everyone's opinion. That doesn't mean I agree.

Recon, no disrespect was meant. Just razzing you.

Back on topic, I think the 700XX is a great all around machine(minus track). Honda could have improved it a bit though.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

Gary more power to you!If that quad works for you then by jove keep it and ignore what they say.People have been saying there are some issues with the handling but if it works for you then thats all that matters.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Range Rover

While we're talking about improvements, here is what I would fix on the 700xx:

1. mud protection for the front rotors. (get into some deep mud and your pads wear quickly...even the 400EX has this)

2. The reverse selector is in a sucky location. Move it to where I don't have to take my hands off of the bars to back up.

3. Gearing is too high. I like crawling up technical trails and feathering the gas and the clutch drives me nuts. I could care less if I go 75 instead of 84.

When I think of more I'll add it.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

Gary more power to you!If that quad works for you then by jove keep it and ignore what they say.People have been saying there are some issues with the handling but if it works for you then thats all that matters.</end quote></div>

That's not my point though. My point is that everything amounts to it's own merits and when people come for advice on product "X" (no play on the "x" in "700xx" there) it should be factual and not conjectural.

When I buy something (not to beat on Recon) I could care less of the "niche" it's in. When someone asks me about what kind of quad they should get I answer that question with a "what kind of riding do you do" question. I understand that people have a need to belong and naturally want other people to think like they do. (i.e. buy what I bought) But I honestly could care less if the manufacturers sold another one of the widgets that I already bought. Well, the exception to that is if the aftermarket stops making/developing widgets based on gross widget sales.

I digress....

I only give opinions for what I know to be true and stay as far away as possible from what I've heard other people say. Again, everything scores on it's own merit.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

Gary, I'm curious as of what method you clocked the speed on your XX? You say 84, I don't doubt for a second that the motor is capable. But government regulations don't allow stock quads to go over 76 I think it is. Even the KTM525 is in the mid 70's.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: -Gary-

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

Gary more power to you!If that quad works for you then by jove keep it and ignore what they say.People have been saying there are some issues with the handling but if it works for you then thats all that matters.</end quote></div>

That's not my point though. My point is that everything amounts to it's own merits and when people come for advice on product "X" it should be factual and not conjectural.

When I buy something (not to beat on Recon) I could care less of the "niche" it's in. When someone asks me about what kind of quad they should get I answer that question with a "what kind of riding do you do" question.

I only give opinions for what I know to be true and stay as far away as possible from what I've hear other people say. Again, everything scores on it's own merit.</end quote></div>

I see and understand but that 84 top speed don't sound right though regulations state 80 is max and the mags have tested them between 74-76mph

Old 12-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Stoopidbot

Gary, I'm curious as of what method you clocked the speed on your XX? You say 84, I don't doubt for a second that the motor is capable. But government regulations don't allow stock quads to go over 76 I think it is. Even the KTM525 is in the mid 70's.</end quote></div>

I believe it was a stab at what I remember from memory. I know that the 700r and the 700xx have the same top speed though (well, within a MPH or two...or three)

Old 12-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

You are correct, I read somewhere that the 700R does 75 and the XX does 74. That sounds more like it. Wasn't talking crap just wondering cause you said it was stock.

Quick Reply: Honda???? what were they thinking?