Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

300ex case saver Help asap!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 300ex case saver Help asap!

Ok so I have the factory "case saver" on the bike. but for some dumb reason I keep tossing my chain, I think its due to sticks jamming up in it while crossing the creek and mud holes.

So I am looking for the part that goes inbetween the "Swingarm and the counter shaft sprocket".
That keeps the chain from jamming its way up inbetween the 2 and making it a bloody
B!TCH to get out and back on the sprockets when its under 2 feet of water and mud...

I have blown a tranny apart in thepast due to this same issue, and do not want my lil 300ex to spit its guts out in a mud hole..

Anyone know who makes the part I am looking for? possibly a link? I need to buy this item ASAP. As the rains are coming more and more and I MUST! be out in the nasty stuff!

Old 04-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

You mean #3 in the exploded view shown here?

http://www.dgy.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

Old 04-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Trailblazer

Nope not that. As posted above. I have that part.

I need the item that mounts inbetween the SWINGARM and COUNTERSHAFT SPROCKET.

My chain rides up the counter shaft and gets jammed inbetween the Countershaft Sprocket and the Swingarm.

Given enough time and chain tossing this will Crack open my tranny.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

By counter shaft sprocket, I assume you mean the drive sprocket. There's only 2 other things that you could be talking about. One is the chain slider that monuts between the frame and the swingarm and the chain slides on it just before it goes onto the drive sprocket. The other thing I'm thinking you might mean is the plastic guard that mounts on the case outboard of the sprocket. But this is more to protect your ankle. In either case, DGY should have a good exploded view and your part.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

If your chain keeps coming off I would say it is more a problem with a loose/worn chain and/or sprockets.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

Ok well, after really taking a look at the back of the atv, I realized the previous owner. mounted the rear gear on the wrong side of the mount. DUH!

So now I need new sprocket. Due to having to flip the gear around to mount correctly. now the wear pattern on the teeth is opposite of what it was. So now the chain is terribly loose and looks like it would slip right over the teeth. And I amd pretty shure my chain is trashed due to being at a extreme angle.
The alignment was off the complete width of the chain.

So thats why I was tossing my chain so darn mutch.
But I still want the part that keeps the chain from jamming up inbetween the gear and swingarm.

Sucks!