Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

what happend to the 2 stroke??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 10:25 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even if Arctic Cat put there new detuned emission/fuel friendly 85hp 500 twin 2 stroke in a ATV it would be the fastest,most powerful 500 ATV out there while being reliable and fuel efficient at the same time. Even in its dirty 105hp emission/fuel Unfriendly version it was reliable for thousands of miles.

You just can,t sell 100mph plus ATV people would start getting killed and there would be law suits.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by ATVrider89
Wow dude, all I have to say is congratulations on being a real smart@$$. Sure, you can just be right on this one, I guess you just have flipping magic bike!

Once again, the harder you are on the bike, the quicker your going to wear your engine.
F U dude. Once again, the harder you are on the bike, the quicker your going to wear your engine.[/... no sht! Sure, you can just be right on this one, I guess you just have flipping magic bike!??? wasnt trying to be a smart @ss trying too see how you figure a race motor is something you just run the **** out of,but when your not running the **** out of it its not a race motor thats the way i took it.and i guess you just had junk bikes that wouldnt hold up!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider
Buy it now, explain it to the wife later!

Originally Posted by moto134
F U dude. Once again, the harder you are on the bike, the quicker your going to wear your engine.[/... no sht! Sure, you can just be right on this one, I guess you just have flipping magic bike!??? wasnt trying to be a smart @ss trying too see how you figure a race motor is something you just run the **** out of,but when your not running the **** out of it its not a race motor thats the way i took it.and i guess you just had junk bikes that wouldnt hold up!!!
Now I remember, it's idiots like you that made me quit using this forum for the past couple years. Your pathetic...

Old 11-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Trailblazer

It doesnt matter if ur runnin a 2 stroke or 4 stroke. If you treat it well and do the proper maintenance they should both last you a long time. Yeah you do gotta rebuild a 2 stroke more often but its a hell of a lot cheaper than rebuilding a four stroke, but its not often you will need to rebuild a four stroke. I guess it just depends at how you look at it.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by ATVrider89
Now I remember, it's idiots like you that made me quit using this forum for the past couple years. Your pathetic...
lol whateva

Old 11-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by moto134
Trying too see how you figure a race motor is something you just run the **** out of,but when your not running the **** out of it its not a race motor thats the way i took it.and i guess you just had junk bikes that wouldnt hold up!!!
Well I for one do not use my race machines for normal riding. So when the race machines come out, they are being used for what they were built for.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

There's a reason and that is to have the best running engine out there. You don't see racers rebuild their engine at the track unless they break something. I know I've never seen it. That's done at the shop with the proper tools and equipment after the race is over.
I can guarantee that "they" won't have the best running engine out there if they are running on a fresh rebuild and maybe that's why moto134 has a room full of trophies. All those trophies on a worn out engine.

An engine takes time to devolop full power. You just don't get full power right off of the dyno. It takes time for rings to seat in.

By the way. What were your leak down figures on a fresh engine and then an engine with a few hours on it? What leak down figure were not acceptable with your race engine?

Old 11-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Doctorturbo
I can guarantee that "they" won't have the best running engine out there if they are running on a fresh rebuild and maybe that's why moto134 has a room full of trophies. All those trophies on a worn out engine.

An engine takes time to devolop full power. You just don't get full power right off of the dyno. It takes time for rings to seat in.

By the way. What were your leak down figures on a fresh engine and then an engine with a few hours on it? What leak down figure were not acceptable with your race engine?
finally...thank you very much!but i wish it was a room full.

Old 11-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Close enough from my observation of your picture.

Have a great Thanksgiving people!!!