Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Does it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010 | 01:57 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Does it?

All of my friends have "lighter" parts on their quads, they bug me to get a swingarm(to be safer) and aftermarket chrome parts. And if I just ride a fee times a year at the dunes on the Oregon coast. I just want others opinions on if it is worth it to buy these parts.

Old 03-05-2010 | 03:25 AM
Trailblazer

You know unless your friends are going to buy the parts for you then I wouldnt waste my money. I would say unless your hardcore racing then there is no need for "lighter" parts. I dont think the money for those parts is worth the VERY LITTLE power gain you might get. Now Im sure they will tell you they have way more power because of those light parts, but they are simply telling themselves that to feel okay for buying the parts. Honestly for as little as you ride I would not, as far as safety, people ride dunes all the time with stock swingarms. And I laugh at chrome parts, these machines are meant to get dirty, not look like a lowrider with chrome all over it, its a waste. But it is all up to you, this is just my $.02.

Old 03-05-2010 | 09:01 AM
Pro Rider

Have gone through this same thing with snowmobiles. Everybody is spending big bucks just to loose a few pounds (5-6lbs.). They all think, because of all the hype, that a few pounds lost will give them uncreditible power.

One gallon of gas (8lbs.) or better yet, get in shape and they could loose several pounds off their over-weight, fat bodies and it wouldn't cost near as much!

Nothing wrong with increasing performance over stock......but spending for the sake of a couple pounds..........not in my budget.

Industry average (snowmobile) 1lb.= $85.67-$123.98. You do the math.

Old 03-05-2010 | 01:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'd also say, if you are a recreational rider, save the money not buying the fancy parts, and spend it instead on riding more.