Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon VS Brute Help Me Decide

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010 | 04:51 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon VS Brute Help Me Decide

I am buying a new four wheeler too use around my farm (spray, burn pasture, chase cows, etc). I have narrowed my search between what I have heard as the powerless but reliable Rincon and the powerhouse that has lots of problems and you better keep your wrenches handy Brute Force 750. I am wanting something reliable that I don't have to give alot of TLC. I can buy both models in the 2009, the brute is about 1000 dollars cheaper. Honda dealer is 15 min. from home, Kawi dealer 1 1/2 hours. What do you guys think?

Old 03-19-2010 | 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

For chores around the farm go with the Honda, though a Rancher 420 could be a better choice than a Rincon for farm work. The Brute is a powerhouse, but alot of guys do have problems with them. You don't have time on a farm to be fixing your quad. There's enough other things to fix on a farm.

Old 03-19-2010 | 05:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The main issue with the Rincon is lack of low range. It can be used for towing and dragging, but isn't designed for that.

For reliable and stone axe simple, I'd suggest a foot shift Foreman 500. It's a little larger and heavier than the Rancher, with better low end grunt. Auto clutch, air/oil cooled. If you are going to run a hand sprayer while riding, or run over potato rows or whatever, I'd get the electric power steering.

In a similar package with an auto (if you don't want to shift) the Rubicon is an excellent work quad. It's hydrostat transmission is similar to what is used in many tractors. Subtransmission with low range. Liquid cooled.

Old 03-19-2010 | 07:08 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

I thought about getting a Rubicon but the price between it and a Rincon is only $500 thats why I thought I might be better off to jump up to the 680. Thanks for you guys input.

Old 03-20-2010 | 12:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, that's why I mentioned the Foreman. Assuming you don't mind shifting, they are a pretty good value.

You might also look at Yamaha's big Griz. Power steering, a sprag drive centrifugal clutch for engine braking and long belt life, low range, locker... IMHO they don't handle as well as the Rincon, but there's a lot of features for the price, and they have a good reputation reliability wise.

Old 03-20-2010 | 11:43 PM
Trailblazer

I would suggest the Rubicon. My cousin bought a brand new Rincon last week and they are fast and fun but Rincons are really not made for work just riding.

Most Hondas are made for work and will all hold up a long time. Next thing down from Rincon is Rubicon so go with that. 500cc is really all you will need and for pulling a lot of weight probably want a foot shift auto-clutch. The Rincon and 420 Rancher are the only Honda models with IRS(independent rear suspension) which the Rubicon wont have but for work a straight axle with hitch on it works good. The Rincon doesnt even come with a hitch.

Just keep the oil changed and valves adjusted and they will run forever and you wont be tooling with them.

Old 03-21-2010 | 09:11 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

The bute has a 50 hp motor vs the Rincons 40hp , also the bute has a low range and a awd diff lock option.

Old 03-21-2010 | 08:30 PM
Trailblazer
Old 03-22-2010 | 06:52 AM
Trailblazer

I would go with the Artic Cat 1000 cc. Go big or go home! Lol! Just kidding. I have owned a foreman and it worked out pretty good as far as doing chores and you can ussually find them at a pretty good price. I like my Rincon but it's not to good for chores.

Old 03-22-2010 | 09:35 AM
The Facility

Have you not looked into the 650 Brute Force? The 650 Brute Force doesnt have hardly the reliability problems that have plagued the 750 models and the horsepower and torque levels are not radically different from one another.
And you can buy a straight rear axle version for about the same price as a Honda Foreman 500. It's the best bang for the buck when it comes to Japanese brand big bores.

Quick Reply: Rincon VS Brute Help Me Decide