Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Here's my new 250R pictures I promised you

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2001, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW. Just don't know what to say. Wonderufl, I wish I could find one as sweet as this one!
Please...tell us how a race machine compares to a stock Raptor...how far behind would the Raptor be?

Old 03-05-2001, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

Zorro,

If the terrian is hard packed and a lot of turns (no rocks or stumps sticking up), I don't think the Raptor would have a chance. However, the Raptor doesn't flatten out when pinned in 5th gear, but the 250 will flaten out after it has passed its powerband (is this typical on 2 strokes?). So, if the course was long straight stretches - like a desert race - the Raptor may have an edge. I will set it up for trail riding, but I will still plan on being more picky about where I ride compared to the Raptor. I'm not planning on running the 250 through deep mud and over large rocks, that's what the Prairie 650 will be for .

Also, thanks to EVERYONE for the compliments. I don't want to take credit for it since all I did was buy it, but I hope to improve upon it over time.

Bart
www.members.home.net/bartkim

Old 03-05-2001, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

mxer,

The motor is 'Krank-It'. Does that name mean anything to you? What pipe do you think?

Old 03-05-2001, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, that ride is beautiful!

When you get a chance, check out this site,

http://pub20.ezboard.com/bhondatrx250r

It's a forum dedicated to the 250R. Lots of info and people that really know the R.

Glad you got the R and hope you enjoy it!

Old 03-05-2001, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

For some reason the pics still don't work, its asking me for a password.Anyway, it shouldn't flatten out so bad, call LRD and ask for AJ, they used to set up barry hawks GNCC bike and could set you up perfect.By the way a shorter swing arm is a good thing for trail riding, some GNCC guys do it.Get yourself a skid plate and some GBC shredders and you can go blast the trail all you want, just clean it afterwards!! Good luck, man you got one of the most beautiful quads i've ever seen.

Old 03-05-2001, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

BarryManilow,

Sorry for all the problems with the pictures. I don't know what else to tell you other than try it on a different computer. So far, you're the only one thats reported any problems. Let me know if you figure it out so I'll know next time it happens.

Thanks,
Bart
www.members.home.net/bartkim

Old 03-05-2001, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

trapperb1,

Thanks for the site. I'll take a good look at it tomorrow while I'm at work - it'll give me something to do .

Old 03-05-2001, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

Barry, You probably have had someone log on to Yahoo from your computer and it's asking for that ID's password. Just click on the link that says, this is not my ID or something like that. Or clear your cookies and cache.

Oh yeah, that is a sweet looking R. I could ruin that chrome in one ride. HA!

Old 03-05-2001, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

I gotta go along with the others too. I just checked out your Raptor pics and videos. I think I would have liked to keep that thing. Like ya said though, if ya get a utility you can still have some fun on the trails.

Old 03-05-2001, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

if you dont' mind, I really would appreciate if you could send the files. (of course if you don't mind.) I do have the newest version of quicktime, but my computer just seems to be acting up lately. It can't really be system resources, because the computer is brand new. Thanks for your help.!! By the way, your 250r and your Raptor both are very awesome!

Quick Reply: Here's my new 250R pictures I promised you