Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

HAVOLINE IS THE SAME AS HONDA OIL..................

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2001, 05:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I TALKED TO A GUY YESTERDAY THAT WORKED AT A BIKE DEARLERSHIP. HE SAID HAVOLINE MAKES HONDA OIL. HE SAID THEY WOULD GET IT IN 55 GALLON DRUMS AND IT SAID HAVOLINE THEN THEY WOULD SLAP A HONDA STICKER ON IT. HE ALSO SAID IT WAS THE SAME OIL AS OFF THE SHELF AT YPUR LOCAL AUTO PARTS STORE. IF THIS IS TRUE THAT'S A HUGE SAVINGS.

Old 03-04-2001, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

A suggestion: Put some on your "SHIFT" key; it's stuck!

Forgive the smart response--when you type in all capital letters, the result is like you're SHOUTING! EVERY WORD!

Check the Forum; few users type in all caps. Your posts will be easier to read and more meaningful if you use regular punctuation.

Sorry for the smart crack, I'm weak!

Diogenes

Old 03-04-2001, 06:52 PM
Trailblazer

DIGONES,
I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU. I ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS BECAUSE IT IS EASIER. SO QUIT CAPPING ON THIS OTHER GUY WHO'S TRYING TO BRING UP A GOOD POINT. IF YOU COME TO THESE FORUMS TO THINK SOMEONE IS YELLING OR IS OUT OF LINE THAN MABEY YOUR LOOKING FOR SOME OTHER FORUM SO YOU CAN START S..T. DONT BE SO CRITICAL! (NOW THAT LAST LINE IS SHOUTING)

Old 03-04-2001, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

Did I address you, hennyhog?

I've always wondered how someone can master the unforgiving protocols of the Internet, but remain incompetent to write a correct sentence.

Shout on with all caps if you choose, hennyhog; perhaps even that level of performance is remarkable in your case.

Diogenes

Old 03-05-2001, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

Hold it boys. Why can't we all just be friends?There is absolutely no need for personal attacks on this very good and informative forum.Please, let's get back to the original topic of Havoline making oil for Honda.

Old 03-05-2001, 03:45 AM
JRM
Pro Rider

While I use the wonderfull .39 cent a quart havoline in my car, I dont think it is anything near the same as honda oil. Reasons are: I have rebuilt many XR bikes that friends have poored 30W havoine in resulting in camshaft to head wear destroying the entire head on 2 Xr200R's and a upper rod on my old 200ES big red that I just sold after re-building. poor some havoline 10W40 in a glass and honda 10W40 oil in a glass and take a look, the honda oil is darker, thicker and smells much differnt than the havoline

Old 03-05-2001, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

Haha, you two guys arguing with Diogenes are going to lose. Keep it up and he'll point out that in addition to having poor punctuation, there are a lot of letters stuck together that don't really spell anthing, they just sound like it.

I'm sure Honda has someone else to make their oil. I've never saw an oil or gas truck with Honda plastered down the side of it. That doesn't mean that their oil is the same though. They can contract out with a refinery to produce oil for them and specify the exact formula and compounds that they want to go in it. Whether or not they do that, I don't know.

Old 03-05-2001, 12:33 PM
Trailblazer

I read this on another guy's post www.yft.org/tex_vfr/tech/oil.htm Check it out. It's originally written by a guy who worked for a major oil company.

Old 03-05-2001, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

That was a well written article. Looks like I have been wasting a lot of money...
Trouble is, as soon as I switch oil, something is going to break. I just know it! I think I might go for it though. He made a reasonable argument.

Old 03-05-2001, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really doubt Honda of Troy risks:

1) Loss of its millions-of-dollars Honda franchise for misrepresenting other products as genuine Honda items;

2) Prosecution for consumer fraud, false advertising, etc., for "counterfeiting" Honda oil;

just to make a few bucks by switching labels.

Also, I doubt the switch is as easy as SG1221 says, just slap another label on the container--aren't Honda oil containers unique?

I agree with you, Bash; Honda (to my knowledge) has no petroleum exploration, drilling, production and refining capabilities--someone else (could be Havoline) provides petroleum products TO HONDA'S SPECIFICATIONS.

I believe the charge of fraud leveled against Honda of Troy is irresponsible, perhaps criminally defamatory. Otherwise, SG1221 can provide the source of the information's name, his evidence, and contact the Federal Trade Commission, the Interstate Commerce Commision, the FBI, and the Better Business Bureau. Messing around with other folks' livelihood by circulating false information ain't the cowboy way.

Tree Farmer

Quick Reply: HAVOLINE IS THE SAME AS HONDA OIL..................