Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher Shift Plate update completed today

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2001, 03:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the Rancher back today after the update to the shift plates. I can report that it does shift a little quieter. There is still some noise, but that is to be expected with the ES. It feels like it shifts a little faster, but that may be because it is quieter. I went thru fourth gear with no problems at all, both on the gas and off.

The Honda mechanic said my idle was a little high which was making it shift very hard into 1st gear from neutral, so he lowered the idle. You may want to adjust yours if you have this problem. He also adjusted the clutch, which he said was a tad off.
He did stand it up on the rear to do the work and there was a little oil stain in the bottom of the air box, and the little clear bowl underneath is full of oil, which I will remove.

The mechanic also said he has not see a Rancher with bent or broken shifting plates as yet, or any that had failed to cause the ATV not to shift.

I hope this is informative to those Rancher owners that have yet to take theirs in and have the update completed. I think it will be fine.