Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Any 2011 honda rumours?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 12:49 AM
JRM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup the Rubicon and the hondamatic were amazing, I first joined this very page to learn more about the Rubicon and im glad i forked over the $6,500 bucks back in 2000 for the first one in town! It is still amazing, but now that im ten years older i need something smooth but still powerfull with power stearing and im ready to pull the trigger on a Grizz 700 as honda simply has not done a single thing in the way of new big bore quads- the rincon is nice, but not for my rugged use.
and i herd a rumor honda donated money to the serrira club, i gotta check into that too

Old 09-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta
New color??
"exciting new graphics!"
Seriously though, wait for the 450R with an all aluminum frame and fuel injection, all new suspension, basically a whole new quad.
But not released until previous stock is sold.
So who knows how long that will take.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRoadlawyer
Honda has never been an industry leader, other than maybe their 700XX or the non-belt-drive auto transmission...their R&D is great, they just don't follow up with production until someone else has done it first (or so it seems)
Maybe not lately, but you may want to check into your history a little all the way back to the trikes, into aluminum framed dirtbikes (a very bold move at the time), brought back the sport market, then elctronic power valves, etc.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:23 PM
JRM
Pro Rider

true, honda rocked it threw the mid 1980's on both CR's with pro-link and liquid cooled a$$ ripping engines and also there RVFC XR line, the true hemi engine and sub rocker arms were light years ahead of the comp when the 1983 xr500r came out. oh, and that exact same engine design is still used on todays 2011 xr650L
its just us here wanting a cool ULT quad suffering

Old 09-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Banned

yamaha seems to have the most guts and innovation of the japanese, honda the least. sad thing is i believe honda has the most potential

Old 09-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

Back in the old 3-wheeler days Honda owned 78% of the market. When the law suits started guess who got the brunt of it?? Honda decided that they never wanted to be in the position again.

Honda can build anything they want. They could own the market if they chose to do so. Technology wise Honda Motor Company is years ahead of everyone, they just choose not to be number one.

Honda developed a new aluminum alloy for the Rincons pushrods just to save a few onces in weight, what did Polaris come out with?? A heavier steel?? Honda's EPS had been sitting on the shelf for years before they ever offered it.

Honda builds what they want you to have.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

If I had my way; my quad would have the frame strength, comfortable ride, on board storage, versatility, 2-up ability, 6 gallon gas tank, as my Polaris Sportsman X2. It would have the power of a CanAm Renegade 500, all around goodness of a Yamaha Grizzly, looks of a Kawasaki Brute Force, price of a Suzuki King Quad, and the transmission and reliability of a Honda. Anybody want to make one???? I personally don't mind the weight at all. It's nice in the snow and mud to get down to a firm footing. But, I sure wouldn't mind a quad with all of the above. The reason I didn't buy a Honda is they don't offer anything near what I needed and wanted. I really do try to like Honda but they have got to step up to the plate at some point and throw down the gauntlet again. They're being left behind other than on the reliability front.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
They're being left behind other than on the reliability front.
Amen, hopefully one day someone in Honda will deccide it's time to step up.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

honda is all set they build quads that are rock solid and last forever and are just as capable as the other brands.. they let all the other brands go nuts putting bigger and bigger engines in there snowmobile ish quads..that weigh a ton and jesus the engines are so hot the fans dont even shut off heaven forbid you get even a spec of dirt in the radiator cause they got the thing so high strung any disruption in the cooling and the over heat light is on.. as soon as Honda figures out how to make a high performance engine thats rock solid and reliable they will make one..or maybe they have but don't feel the need yet to show us.. and no the other companies havent figured it out either that why honda is still NUMBER 1 in reliability

Honda all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2010, 12:36 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Rumors have it there may be a Honda utility ATV with no rear drum brake and a true AWD diff lock. But we well be growing tomatoes on Mars before that.

Quick Reply: Any 2011 honda rumours?