Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Any 2011 honda rumours?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I very seriously doubt that Honda will ever offer a front diff locker.

Personally it's not on my priority list.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:20 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta
I very seriously doubt that Honda will ever offer a front diff locker.

Personally it's not on my priority list.
People though Honda would never offer a ATV with selectable 2wd/4wd but they finally did in 2003 ,about 6 years after everyone else.
Honda kept these warn 424 and disk brake conversion kit at one time going ,and still keeps the diff lock aftermarket companies in business to this day.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

Drum brakes are fine just gotta grease the seal maybe once a season.. you know I have 3000 miles on a rancher stock brake pads. My riding buddy has been through 2 sets of pads in the same ride time on his suzuki with disc brakes we have put every single one of these miles on together CUZ we are BFF LOL Just saying..

Old 09-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Banned

shoes, not pads. also what happens when a honda tranny does fail, i bet it costs more then a belt... just saying

Old 09-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Banned

and even arguing the drum brakes are better then discs is assinine

Old 09-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I'll take disc brakes all day long over drums. They perform a lot better when wet. I was ripping along at about 35 when a cow moose decided to run out in front of me. I was very happy to have 4 wheel disk brakes. On the locking front diff, my son and I were on one of the nastiest trails I've ever been on and it would have been worse to go back than go through the water/mudhole that was about 60 feet long and (as it turns out) front rack deep. I barely made it through with all 4 wheels churning, sawing the wheels back and forth, and moving weight side to side. My son got stopped in the last 5 feet or so. I was able to pull him out. And neither of us got to sample the fine mix of stagnant water, rotting leaves, black soil mud, etc. I can't say 100% if a Honda would have got me through. That little bit of difference can be whether you make it out of the hole or not. But, all in all, I figure someday I'll find a place that will get me stuck. Other than the front yard, in waist deep snow, I haven't yet.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by sportszillasheex
and even arguing the drum brakes are better then discs is assinine
Just saying I have the same amount of miles on my (SHOES)!! as he does on his 2 sets of pads..with the same mileage and last time I looked my (SHOES) were still pretty thick. what does this mean.. that disc brakes are WAYYYYY better.

I'm not saying that drum brakes should be put on sport machines or anything just saying the drum brakes arent that bad and in some cases can and will last longer than disc brakes.. My brakes on that rancher will put you over the handle bars if you grab them hard. I got a 1993 honda fourtrax with 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000 hours on it I just changed the stock SHOES on it last summer.

I think most drum brake issues come from prolonged MUD/WATER use and total lack of maintenance..Sure you don't have to maintain disc brakes in those conditions you just wear them out in record time and slap new pads on.

People just get so worked up over drum brakes..it's not that big a deal

Honda tranny fail... yeah it can happen does it happen alot .. probably not.. lets not get into the FAIL list of some of the other brands we could be here all day.

Further more why does HONDA always have the crosshairs on it..Drum brakes no locker blah blah.. If I were to do a Polaris rant on the issues I have only seen (personally) not some crap I see posted on the forums with only maybe 2 of the sportsman ATV's i have been around alot.. It would be as long as an issue of national geographic. It would make drum brakes and no locker seem pretty trivial to the fact that at least those 2 things don't hinder the ability of the ATV to you know actually work properly. DONE!

Old 09-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

I've climbed steep off-camber rock ledges riding my ATV where it took a second person to hold the bigger heavier ATVs from rolling over due to their IRS, weight and higher center of gravity.

It all depends on where you ride and what your personal preferences are.

I don't "mud". No, 3 1/2-wd is not as aggressive as "all-wheel" drive but out here in the Rocky Mountains I have never needed to be pulled or towed up some big nasty rocky trail. In all reality I'm usually the one helping the others up.

I like my ATV being smaller, lighter, having a SRA and a lower center of gravity.

I wouldn't mind the added stopping power of disc brakes, wouldn't mind a locker that I controlled and I wouldn't mind more HP either but where I ride I do feel that I have one of the most capable ATVs but that's just me.

My ATV is the best ATV for me but it might not be the best ATV for you and that doesn’t make mine better than yours or yours better than mine.

I think there are always more rumors about new Hondas because everyone dreams that they will once again make the ultimate ATV.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Specta
I've climbed steep off-camber rock ledges riding my ATV where it took a second person to hold the bigger heavier ATVs from rolling over due to their IRS, weight and higher center of gravity.
I know what you mean about some of these machine being way to tall I went out riding with a buddy 3 weeks ago there was a downhill off camber section and he is a relatively new rider. I blasted down it with a 350 rancher and a rincon (IRS) but still very low center.

He wanted me to do his kingquad AXI I was like sure thing. This hill didnt even kinda scare me I do this stuff all the time no sweat. Well I started down the hill and wouldnt you know I almost took a serious DUMP that thing was so unstable I honestly couldnt really believe how tippy it really was it actually scared me LOL. I mean you read about this stuff all the time but until you actually feel the difference you dont understand. My friend would have certainly ended up upside down.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by unit6666
as soon as Honda figures out how to make a high performance engine thats rock solid and reliable they will make one..
Kids play for Honda.

http://www.catchfence.com/2010/press...ngine-formula/

Quick Reply: Any 2011 honda rumours?