Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Any 2011 honda rumours?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont think water wears disc brakes out, but im not sure. theres a give for every take, but it seems funny honda has the most state of the art transmission, but everything else is pretty primitive. whats also funny is that tranny taking a dump (IF it does) would probably cost more then lockers, disc brakes etc combined

Old 09-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by unit6666
Drum brakes are fine just gotta grease the seal maybe once a season.. you know I have 3000 miles on a rancher stock brake pads. My riding buddy has been through 2 sets of pads in the same ride time on his suzuki with disc brakes we have put every single one of these miles on together CUZ we are BFF LOL Just saying..
This only tells the experienced ATVer that you dont ride in mud very much. I've owned every brand ATV on the planet and I ride in more mud than I probably should.Eventually, I gaurantee you that you'll have to pull the drums off for a complete cleaning and adjustment of your brakes-------OR---------you wont have any!

Disk brakes? Dont worry about adjusting and cleaning---------Just ride and have FUN

Honda vs the other brands?

Dont get me started. I have posts in here all the way back to about 2002 telling you guys how far Honda was BEHIND the other brands, and today, im still laughing my butt off.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

What gets me the most about Honda is I would like to see them make a quad with the kinds of abilities my X2 has. I would actually pay a bit more for a Honda with the same kind of utility. I hava a Honda Accord and the thing runs like a charm. Great vehicle. But where Honda is constantly changing their car line to compete it seems they aren't keeping up with the changes (mostly good) in ATVs. They can still make a SRA quad and make a bigger machine with the features we are lamenting. They have a locker in their Big Red UTV. It's not a hard thing for them to put it in their quads. I'm not a brand loyal guy. I look at what meets my needs the best and if there is more than 1 brand that does I look at price and reliability factors also. If I was brand loyal I wouldn't have recommended the CanAm Renegade to my son. But, it is very nice. Not for me and my riding needs but for my son it's great. I guess I like competition. The more the better for the buyer. I want to see Honda right up there with the features that I've found indispensible. Come on Honda!!!!!

Old 09-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MUDDY4LIFE
This only tells the experienced ATVer that you dont ride in mud very much. I've owned every brand ATV on the planet and I ride in more mud than I probably should.Eventually, I gaurantee you that you'll have to pull the drums off for a complete cleaning and adjustment of your brakes-------OR---------you wont have any!

Disk brakes? Dont worry about adjusting and cleaning---------Just ride and have FUN

Honda vs the other brands?

Dont get me started. I have posts in here all the way back to about 2002 telling you guys how far Honda was BEHIND the other brands, and today, im still laughing my butt off.

since 2002, put that into perseptive. they have been behind for 8 LOOOONG years. i think honda is a great company and has the resources and technology to be ahead of the curve tomorrow. they just keep living off that ancient reliability claim... well its time honda, time to build something you know can compete!

Old 09-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
What gets me the most about Honda is I would like to see them make a quad with the kinds of abilities my X2 has. I would actually pay a bit more for a Honda with the same kind of utility. I hava a Honda Accord and the thing runs like a charm. Great vehicle. But where Honda is constantly changing their car line to compete it seems they aren't keeping up with the changes (mostly good) in ATVs. They can still make a SRA quad and make a bigger machine with the features we are lamenting. They have a locker in their Big Red UTV. It's not a hard thing for them to put it in their quads. I'm not a brand loyal guy. I look at what meets my needs the best and if there is more than 1 brand that does I look at price and reliability factors also. If I was brand loyal I wouldn't have recommended the CanAm Renegade to my son. But, it is very nice. Not for me and my riding needs but for my son it's great. I guess I like competition. The more the better for the buyer. I want to see Honda right up there with the features that I've found indispensible. Come on Honda!!!!!
i agree, brand loyaltiy is a big sign of immaturity and/or stuborness. if deep down honda doesnt make what fits your needs, then you have to buy something else! and if you look at the sportbike and motocross scene you can see they are trying compete, but they get beat out sometimes like they always have, so dont sit there and say "if honda wanted to, they can rule the world." more like "if honda wanted to, they can COMPETE" right now in most categories, they dont

Old 09-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

Behind in the times eh?? How bout ever 3rd post on this forum is a POPO with no miles on it doing something completely rediculous. My rearend fell out...My engine is ruined.. my hubs arent locking...my starter is no good...my front diff is leaking.. my airbox sucks in a ton of dirt..the list is actually EPIC.. yeah honda gets some too like the ES models not shifting properly. You know what I don't even care I know people that work at the shops around here I see the wheelers coming in and outta there.. like 1 honda to 30 others and the honda needed a new CV boot! Anyone can put all kinds of things on there machines if there not gonna spend 2 seconds on the details.. Ok so the other machines have diff lock and IRS and disc brakes?? so they are gonna spend the next 10 years putting bigger motors in them? Well maybe they will do what honda has already done and develop a tranny thats not a rubber band?

It only shows that honda doesnt have to put all their cards on the table to SELL and MAKE fantastic quads the other companies dont even have any wiggle room.. Ohhh wait maybe they can put EFI on there youth quads.

I mean seriously if say kawasaki didnt have a diff lock or disc brakes.. Imagine this... they wouldnt sell another damn UTE quad EVER!!! They would have nothing to fall back on that would be a redeeming quality to own one. Except the fact Kawasaki Green is awesome. same goes for about all the other brands..

Old 09-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Banned

i dont understand whats wrong with a cvt tranny in a quad, i can see the problem in a car because when they break you have to buy the whole unit... well its funny because i bet when a honda tranny breaks you need to buy the whole unit... they did a flip flop because you can service a tranny like that in a car. i know you keep attacking polaris, but im not a polaris nut. im not brand loyal... which is more then i can say for you unit. is that ron jeremy in a superman suit?

Old 09-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

LOL Ron Jeremy..no anyways yeah I'm a brand loyalist cause the brand I choose is the best DUH LOL i don't mean to attack POLARIS but I mean seriously all they do is break around me its insane.. and when someone with one says ahhh hahahah you got drum brakes and no diff lock I'm like OMG your lucky that Polaris even still runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Banned

and another thing if you hadent noticed is atv prices are going through the freakin roof, whereas if you notice car prices have stabilized. (a camaro ss in 2002 was around $35k just as a new one is now for example) a rincon was over $1000 cheaper 7 years ago, thats insane! all manufacturers are to blame, but give credit where credits due, polaris actually chopped prices on there older sportsmans big time over the last few years. everybody else keeps going up... heck id love to try out a rincon, but for the same price i can get another brands big-bore and have more power and displacement, diff lock, low gearing etc. for the same price? i guess those sofisticated trannys come at a price, a BIG one...

Old 09-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Banned

if you twisted my arm, id have to say yamaha is CURRENTLY the best manufacturer. they still make full size 2 stroke dirtbikes (along with ktm) the grizzlies have always been good well rounded quads. the yfz started the 450 wars after cannondale. they are the only jap company to offer a 450 quad for woods and one for the track it goes on and on. innovations? 1st and only twin cylinder 2 stroke and they kept making it long after law suits scared the other guys, 1st sport 4x4, 1st auto with a "park position (2000 kodiak 400) 1st atv with power steering, the only manufactuer to use a 5 valve head, the 1st high performance quad with reverse (the craptor 660) etc, but im still not a brand loyalist! they all can take credit for something. polaris started the big bore independent suspension automatic 4x4 trend you see today with the SP500. honda got the ball rolling in 99 with the 400ex. kawasaki was 1st to have diff lock and suzuki was 1st on 4 wheels! etc

Quick Reply: Any 2011 honda rumours?