Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we all have our preferences

Old 09-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

If you wanna go faster go buy a Yamaha banshee for like 2 bucks.. I understand you wanting to go faster we all do it.. they could give us a 1200cc turbo charged ATV and someone on here would be asking the same damn question.. The thing is you will never be happy honestly its the human condition.. I had a quadracer 500 and I was constantly finding ways to make it faster when I was a youngster now lookin back it seems kinda retarded I couldnt even use half that power for anything useful.I have a rincon and sometimes wish it was faster but then i almost Hit a tree or go off a steep cliff with it and i say welp good thing its not =)

My friends a few years ago would all mod their 4x4 machines and to be honest it was a total waste the performance boost was never that good and they just totally ruined their reliability .. it was never worth it.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:23 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

If you wanna go faster go buy a Yamaha banshee
Or any other 650 to 700 4x4 Utility ATV out there.
Its not the the others are fast its more that the 680 unusually slow,for a big bore ATV 4x4.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

WHY....are there two threads right here at the top about making a Rincon go faster. WHY....do you care? 4x4 untility quads do what they were designed to do extremely well. Most agree a Rincon will go 60 something and that is too slow!? I don't care what any of ya say these machines are very unstable at speeds like that, it would not take much of a bump to send you and your quad tumbuling end over end down the road. If you are gonna drag race your utility quad whey don't you also put some mudders and a snorkle on your Goldwing and see how deep you can get her?

Old 09-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

All those other 4x4 big bores go fast in a straight line.. thats bout it. They are so top heavy it's insane and I wouldnt expect you to understand unless you spent some serious seat time on a rincon and then tried to go back.. I've done it and its HORRIBLE even machines that i thought at the time handled well turned out to be an absolute brick to drive in the same conditions.

I like to jump and do wheelies and horse around alot.. going straight fast is utterly boring to me.. considering even the crappiest snowmobile goes way faster than any ATV around.

I agree with deepfork except the Rincon is the only one(besides the can ams I havent driven much so i dont know) that does well with the speed..

Having power is one thing.. making it useful is a much harder task.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:08 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Having power is one thing.. making it useful is a much harder task.
And a 3 speed tranny with no low range is just not the way to do that either.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
And a 3 speed tranny with no low range is just not the way to do that either.
Works perfectly for everthing I do.. not sure what good a low range and rubber band drive would do for me?

Old 09-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

I dont see why people think that its dumb to upgrade a 4X4. Its way less of a hassle than trying to sell your quad and buy another one with better performance. plus, there's nothin wrong with power

Old 09-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by kevin773
I dont see why people think that its dumb to upgrade a 4X4. Its way less of a hassle than trying to sell your quad and buy another one with better performance. plus, there's nothin wrong with power
Nothing at all wrong with power. But look at the title of this thread...power and speed are not exactly the same thing. I don't think upgrades are dumb, but modifying a 4x4 utility quad taking nothing into account except increasing top end speed......

Old 09-24-2010, 11:21 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Deepfork
Nothing at all wrong with power. But look at the title of this thread...power and speed are not exactly the same thing. I don't think upgrades are dumb, but modifying a 4x4 utility quad taking nothing into account except increasing top end speed......

You dont think a ATV (Any ATV) with a 680cc motor that does not break 40hp is oddly down on power?

40hp Thats what the 550s and some 500s make matted to a tranny with a low range that also allows them to pull/push alot harder then the Rincon also. Its more about how can you make a ATV with a motor that big go slow?
Its not even condidered geared low, Honda even admits the Rincon is a trail ATV,and to get the 500 Rubicon or 500 Foreman if you need a work ATV.

Why cant it do both,work hard and be a quick trail ATV, like the rest of them do in that class.

Quick Reply: how to make a rincon 680 faster?