Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Which engine company should I use to upgrade 250R?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I'm glad I'm not alone on the CT opinions. I called them yesterday and the guy on the phone sounded like I was boring him. I was NOT impressed.

I have heard good things about Duncan Racing, but none of you mentioned them. I will look into LRD and MacDizzy since many of you had good things to say about them.

The motor on it now is a Krank-It, which I think was one of the sponsors for Keith Little in the past. The more I'm getting used to ridding the 2 stroke, the more I love it. When it's on the pipe and coming out of a corner, it just RIPS!!!

Thanks for the tips and I look forward to more...

Bart
www.members.home.net/bartkim

Old 03-08-2001, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

I personally like LRD (like lots others on this forum) and have not heard hardly any bad things about them and when I talked to them they always were nice and know what they were talking about. Also Rick (macdizzy.com) is a great guy and will tell what he can/will do to your engine. And FTZ, Duncan, Sparks, PSI and TC are also great places. any of the places I said above are all great and I would feel great using any of there engines. As for CT I have heard of people that love there engines and have not had any problems with them but I have also heard of lots of people that said that once they were great at first but after they got there engine and called them to ask questions they (CT) mainly blew them off. But there engines are also a lot cheaper than others but I will never get stuff from them or call they if I need help. The biggest way I would now pick a company to do my engine would be after talking to each of them about what they would do and suggest to do. Just call around and ask them everything you want to know.

One place that I really like is Nacs they do cost more that others most of the time by a little but I still would not feel bad getting stuff from them. I have called them before and asked them questions (before ever getting anything from them) and they would tell my what they think is good and tell me why they like it and many times they will even tell me of stuff that they do not even sell that they think is/would be better for my situation. www.nacsracing.com

PS also If you think of questions you have write them down to ask them that way you don't forget.

here are some links to some engine builders and other cool places
www.macdizzy.com

www.advancedatv.com Go to the safe shopper

CT Racing

Duncan coming soon

FTZ

K&K

LRD

MP -awsome sand quads

PRM

Moto Joe/the old shock connection

Old 03-08-2001, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

I almost Missed posting Sparks web page

Old 03-08-2001, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

I personally like LRD (like lots others on this forum) and have not heard hardly any bad things about them and when I talked to them they always were nice and know what they were talking about. Also Rick (macdizzy.com) is a great guy and will tell what he can/will do to your engine. And FTZ, Duncan, Sparks, PSI and TC are also great places. any of the places I said above are all great and I would feel great using any of there engines. As for CT I have heard of people that love there engines and have not had any problems with them but I have also heard of lots of people that said that once they were great at first but after they got there engine and called them to ask questions they (CT) mainly blew them off. But there engines are also a lot cheaper than others but I will never get stuff from them or call they if I need help. The biggest way I would now pick a company to do my engine would be after talking to each of them about what they would do and suggest to do. Just call around and ask them everything you want to know.

One place that I really like is Nacs they do cost more that others most of the time by a little but I still would not feel bad getting stuff from them. I have called them before and asked them questions (before ever getting anything from them) and they would tell my what they think is good and tell me why they like it and many times they will even tell me of stuff that they do not even sell that they think is/would be better for my situation. www.nacsracing.com

PS also If you think of questions you have write them down to ask them that way you don't forget.

here are some links to some engine builders and other cool places
www.macdizzy.com

www.advancedatv.com Go to the safe shopper

CT Racing

Duncan coming soon

FTZ

K&K

LRD

MP -awsome sand quads

PRM

Moto Joe/the old shock connection

Old 03-09-2001, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

Hey bird, what mods have been done to the motor already?

Old 03-09-2001, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

BarryManilow,

I think the thread is screwed up on the message board, so you may only be able to read this through your email? Anyway, I'm not sure yet what mods have been done to the engine. I'm trying to get in contact with Krank-It to see what all they did to it. When I find out, I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Bart

Old 03-09-2001, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

I see it and yeah let me know when you find out, i'm curious.See ya.

Old 03-09-2001, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

Is it just me or not that gets a error on the bottem?

Old 03-09-2001, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer

How do you get a 500R stroker?

Old 03-09-2001, 08:08 PM
Trailblazer

How do you get a 500R stroker?

Quick Reply: Which engine company should I use to upgrade 250R?