Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Where do you kids get the money???

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 11:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im 17 and bought a new 2000 400ex (5300 out the door) last year a few mods but i own my own lawncare service and around mid-michigan theres no one better than me and i made a few bucks last year well i made alot of bucks last year and thats how i pay for my quads and mods

Old 03-09-2001, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

I am 18 and work everyday during the week from 7A.M. till 6PM. I get $11 a hour. Thats around 55 hours a week. During the week all i do is work and on the weekends is when i get to play on my toys.

Old 03-09-2001, 12:47 AM
Range Rover

Wow I am impressed with all the young people that have jobs out there, I had several different jobs when I was a kid including mowing the yard and helping around the farm. It seemed to me that young people didn't have to work much these days due to parents giving them everything, I am glad to say I was wrong.

Chris Medsker

Old 03-09-2001, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Ive been mowing my yard ever since i got my first lawn mower for my birthday. I just dont waste my money. My dad doenst ride quad so i was on my own to buy mine. Ofcourse he buys nut and bolts for me. He take me places and help me work on it sometime. He like seeing me have a good time.

Old 03-09-2001, 02:49 AM
Range Rover

Im 15 and I own a couple vending machines that I put at my dads business for the workers to buy stuff out of. I charge twice the ammount i pay for the candy and pop and chips and stuff and pull about $200 a month out of them. Thats where i get most of my money, but i am gonna get a job during the summer. My parents also helped me buy my blaster and i am paying them off.

1995 yamaha blaster, paul turner pipe and silencer, K&N filter, graydon skid plate, rear holeshots, oil injection block off kit.

Old 03-09-2001, 05:06 AM
Pro Rider

i 21

uni student

easy way for me was to stop drinking.......

so much!!!!!!

work hard in my holidays.........work silly hours

brought cattle when i was 19.......sold em....did real well out of them

Old 03-09-2001, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

I sell drugs to get my money,hey it's only America's youth that I'm hurting.KIDDING,I work like the rest of us,day in day out.blah-blah-blah.

Old 03-09-2001, 09:24 AM
Trailblazer

I'll tell ya, kids who work when they are younger tend to understand the value of earning things, not that getting assistance is bad..I have seen some pretty creative kids out there.

If any of you guys live in a more suburban area, here's an idea... I used to go around the neighborhoods with a little stencil pack and some reflective spray paint...and ask each neighbor if I could paint their address on the curb for $5. You'd be amazed, I think I made $400 a week for a couple months work one summer when I was 13..not a ton of cash, but then not a ton of work.

Then I guess this applies to where you live and if it's safe to go door to door. Heck we used to climb the plum tree in the yard and try to sell fresh plums to the neighborhood...

Old 03-09-2001, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

18, I work during summer (50-80 hours a week, no joke...and I work this much because I like it, not only because of the cash income), and study the rest of the time. But actually, my dad got the shee (he bought it orginally for both of us, but as time goes, he sees he doesn't have much time to ride it), as for the mods, birthday, some that I got from my own money (but it's real hard, they all cost the same...but can't do them all).
Next winter (I ride during summer), I'll probably do some major mod to the quad, but I'll pay these myself, since my dad doesn't ride....and I'm "tired" of being assisted. I hate to depend on someone, and if I can do/buy stuff myself, I'm happier than getting it from someone.

Old 03-09-2001, 12:51 PM
Range Rover

I am almost 15 and don't have a job. my da has boughten all my machines i have owned. But he rides to and didn't buy them cause i begged and pleaded. I still have to pay him back and any mods I have to buy. He has gone a long time without a quad and he really wants a 250r so if any one of you guys knows some one or has one for sale under 3500 let me know.

Quick Reply: Where do you kids get the money???