Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Utah Riders we need your help !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2001, 01:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bunch of us (Utah riders) are going to be holding a protest against SUWA (the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance) in front of their building at 1471 S. 1100 E., Salt Lake City, from 10 A.M. to 2 P.M., Saturday the 9th of March. We are doing this, because SUWA will be holding their own protest at a desert race down by Green River. It is a peaceful protest, so if you want to come by and join us, we will be supplying the signs, and some free donuts and pop. We will be there rain or shine. Sorry for the late notice, but we just found out today, and we need all the help we can get.

Old 03-11-2001, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

OH, wish I would have found out before Sunday night. If you guys do it again, let me know.

Old 03-12-2001, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider

I went down to this protest saturday and for such a short notice it wasnt a bad turnout.

While we were there, the president of this branch of SUWA came out and talked to us. It was a friendly talk, no yelling or screaming. BUT, he would not answer any questions directly. He always talked around any subject that was brought up. After much pressure we did finally get one thing out of them. Their aggenda, now, is only to close 5% of the roads and trails in UTAH. BUT here is the way they determined their 5%. They added ALL city streets, roads and lanes to the total miles of road or trails in the state. Took 5% of that figure and thats how much they want to close. BUT the closures are only trails and roads in BLM land.

We offered them to come out and help us with any cleanups of the recreation ares that our club rides on and their response was, and I quote...
"It is not our responsiblity to clean up any where" They only want to shut down any access to the lands.
We also offered them to come to our Club Meeting and explain their side and they declined.