Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

250R TRX big bore kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 02:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250R TRX big bore kits

Well i will start off firstly. my dad has ran CT since they came out, mainly because he knew the creator personally and asked my dad if he could try to do a few things to his cyl and head. my dad said sure why not. now days its known as there mid range kit. He was convincing me to get a CT big bore kit but after reading about them, they look like alot of money with not alot of go to show for how much you spend. Then i started looking into ESR. not real expensive (in my opinion) and it sounds like they spit out some big power. Heres the thing. running pure race gas for me is not a problem. what i want it for. is im a dune rider only. So im looking for a kit thats gonna be sick to get me flying in the air, keeping up with bigger bikes, smashing through trails, and last but not least. being able to do them crazy hill climbs. i've by far exceeded my quads original power about 50 lbs ago lol. im gonna be getting down to 200 lbs in the near future and i want massive power to make me skip across the dunes, so I was looking into the 370 PV and the 330 PV kit. HOWEVER i know the bigger you go the bigger they break. ive heard mixed opinions on both bigger and smaller motors. im more or less seeking advice on which kit to get with ESR(im set on ESR over any company based on customer satisfaction).

Thanks, any and all input is very much appreciated

Old 03-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Pro Rider

Contact HJR Herr Juggs Racing they build the best by far, Kevin will design you the absolute best bang for your buck. We race blasters cross country and have tried the big name big bore kits, but the have no comparision to Kevin Herr.

Hope it helps
Mitch

Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Dont seem to have a very big product list for 250Rs. im kinda set on ESR by customer feedback. im just needing assistance on choosing the right application for my style.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

He does not list per say, call him, the man is the best we have ever found, just my two cents worth. If you are dead set on spending more money for less power be my guest, like I said we have tried most of the the big bore, big web advertisers and spent thousands on top of thousands of dollars on engine builds and by far Kevin Herr at (HJR) has our business for life.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I think ESR is a good choice. I don't have one of his motors but I agree with the customer responce statement.
I've had a ported 310 (actually 292cc's on first bore) and it had awsome torqe. It was reliable.
I can only imagine a 330 and the torque it makes I personally would not go over 330cc's for reliability reasons. I bet a ESR 310/330PV or no PV would give you all you need.
FYI: I was 270#+ and had my 250 cylinder on and I went up Patton and Olds (if your a Glamis guy).
Just to compare, I'd check out Curtis Sparks.
Have fun.