Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

banshee, lt250R, or honda 250R?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey i know this kid from school that is thinking of selling me his 250R. he ran the engine without oil for some stupid reason and is thinkin of sellin it to me for $1200. how much would it cost for a new crank assembly? and i gotta sell my 87 banshee first to get the money to buy it. i also have a really kick *** suzuki lt250R, yeah i know you all think its crap but hey for 500 bucks and redoing everything its pretty nice. do ya all think it be worth gettin the 250R?? and also if ya know anyone that wants a real kick *** banshee let me know.

Old 03-12-2001, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

No matter what anyone says here the LT250 was not a piece of crap!!! I'd say think about a trade in if it already has the carb and electrics you could probably get a trade in for 500-800 bucks ready to roll. I might be interested in your Banshee, email me.

Old 03-12-2001, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

What do you mean he "ran the engine without oil?" Two strokes don't use engine oil. Do you mean he didn't mix oil into the fuel? Do you mean he had no oil in the tranny?

Old 03-12-2001, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

He road it with out any transmision oil.

Old 03-12-2001, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer

Well you would not need the crank you would need the entire trans, and this includes all the gears, shift forks, and bearings, probably the clutch and hey that is a HUGE CHUNK "O" CASH!! The crank bearings are lubricated by the oil you mix in the gas, I think I'd pass!!

Old 03-13-2001, 03:05 PM
87r
Range Rover

I bought my 87 250R for $925 and it ran the day I got it home. It had four flat tires, broken plastic, no seat, and it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen but it ran and it ran good. A blown tranny version for $1200 doesn't sound too good to me - I'd pass.

Also, them Suzukis aren't too bad - you wanna sell the one that you have?

Old 03-13-2001, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

Well if it is in good/great condition and has lots of mods it might be worth it. You can get a rebuilt (or great condition) engine for around $1500. Since you know how it was cared for (other than the trany oil) and what was replace how it was ridden that can (should) make your choice simpler.

Old 03-13-2001, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

ok, im gonna tell you all that i know about the quad. today me and my 2 other bros came with to look at it. we had to dig it out of a SNOW BANK! when we got it out it looked like it needed a lil bit o work!! but hey, its a 250R, around here we don't get many chances for a 250R, new tires, and needs all new plastic and seat. oh and he said it was a 89 but it really is a 86. does anyone know where i could just buy a whole new engine??? oh and your answer to your question about selling the suzuki is NO! i love that quad. personaly, i think its the nicest suzuki i have ever seen and that the truth. i got rid of that stupid blue color cause that color was so ugly, and now its black and yellow and silver and chrome. i spend more time on that than being with friends even! hahah lol and im only 15! yeah but thats the situation with the honda. please tell me you could find a whole difrent engine for the 250R. thanks

Old 03-13-2001, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

ok, im gonna tell you all that i know about the quad. today me and my 2 other bros came with to look at it. we had to dig it out of a SNOW BANK! when we got it out it looked like it needed a lil bit o work!! but hey, its a 250R, around here we don't get many chances for a 250R, new tires, and needs all new plastic and seat. oh and he said it was a 89 but it really is a 86. does anyone know where i could just buy a whole new engine??? oh and your answer to your question about selling the suzuki is NO! i love that quad. personaly, i think its the nicest suzuki i have ever seen and that the truth. i got rid of that stupid blue color cause that color was so ugly, and now its black and yellow and silver and chrome. i spend more time on that than being with friends even! hahah lol and im only 15! yeah but thats the situation with the honda. please tell me you could find a whole difrent engine for the 250R. thanks

Old 03-14-2001, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

wellit sounds like it might not of been taken care of very much at all. you could look at: www.kandkatv.com
http://pub20.ezboard.com/bhondatrx250r
www.eastcoastatv.com/

Quick Reply: banshee, lt250R, or honda 250R?????