Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

DG skidplates.....JUNK

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 08:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have the DG a-arm skid plates for the 250x or 300ex?did u get them on ok?i couldnt get mine on if my damn life depended on it.the skidplate its self lines up but the hardware is junk nothing will work tured it all ways upsidedown,backwards,right ways ,wrongways,nothing will work.my dad tryed it too ,he coulnt get it.Is there some "trick" to this?they defective or something?I am very pissed-off right now,i know these things dont take 45+ minuest to TRY and install.Any tips or advice before i try and get my money back.

Old 03-12-2001, 09:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Get your money back and get prm skid plates. I have them for my 300 and they are great.

Old 03-12-2001, 09:54 PM
Range Rover

i think i will get prm as long as i get my money back.

Old 03-13-2001, 08:17 AM
Trailblazer

I have DG a-arm guards on my 300EX and they are great. When I bought mine the guards were already on it, but the clamps ,that look like a hook, the gap in the mounting braket does not fit properly over the tube. Well all of them fit on the tube,except for the one's closest to the steering stem. But it just grinds into the a-arm. Once they are on they are a pleasure to have.

Old 03-13-2001, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

None of DG's hardware lines up very well on anything! They have ONE SIZE (DOESN'T) FITS ALL clamps that hold the plates to the frame. Trouble is, the radius of the clamp rarely matches the radius of the frame tube you are trying to connect it to. DG need to get off its lazy butt and custom make clamps for each individual bike!! You have to do a lot of fiddling, BUT I have to say once you get it worked out they will stay on forever, even though they don't fit quite right.

I had more trouble with the 300EX a-arm plates than anything else. None of the clamps fits right, but with some fileing and grinding you can make it work. Thing is, the customer shouldn't have to do this kind of hand fitting!!

Old 03-13-2001, 04:22 PM
Trailblazer

I had the same problem with my DG skidplate on my 400ex. I agree with YZGUY, they should make different size clamps for specific applications. I like the skidplate, but the mounting hardware is junk. Good luck...

Old 03-13-2001, 08:05 PM
Range Rover

Atv Sport says that most aftermarket things like that ( bumpers , grab bars , skids , stuff like that ) dont fit on right and you usally have to bend them and make them fit.

Old 03-14-2001, 12:10 AM
Range Rover

yeah,i talked to guy at the shop that i bought him from me and him are going to do them tomorrow nite he said u have grind some stuff and they will fit,and hes doing it for free so.....

Old 03-14-2001, 07:37 PM
Range Rover

i go tthem to work today.I had to do some grinding and had to use longer screws.but they dig into my a-arms.