Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

1999 fourtrax wiring problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011 | 07:43 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default 1999 fourtrax wiring problem

My atv just recently started having wiring problems in the back right under the seat so i cut the wires and used electric tape so they would have a good connection again,but there is a problem there is a Red wire that comes out of the i Guess regulator starter or whatever that round metal piece is that is in under the seat it also has a Pink and white wire coming out of it.Now here is the problem there are 3 Red wires in all there is 1 Red wire that if i plug it into the red wire that comes out of the stator regulator or whatever it will make all the lights come on and will actually run but only if the battery is plugged in the other red wire im not sure what it does but i think it belongs with the first wire i described but if i hook those together i cant hook the wire from the stator or regulator with them because the 3rd wire i described cuts of the lights and everything what should I do go to an electrician?

Old 06-16-2011 | 11:04 PM
No Ruts, No Glory

My atv just recently started having wiring problems in the back right under the seat, so i cut the wires and used electric tape so they would have a good connection again. But there is a problem...there is a Red wire that comes out of the (I guess) regulator/starter, (or whatever that round metal piece is that is in under the seat) and it also has a Pink and white wire coming out of it. Now here is the problem...there are 3 Red wires in all, there is 1 Red wire that, if i plug it into the red wire that comes out of the stator regulator or whatever, it will make all the lights come on and will actually run...but only if the battery is plugged in the other red wire. I'm not sure what it does, but i think it belongs with the first wire i described. If i hook those together, i cant hook the wire from the stator or regulator with them, because the 3rd wire i described cuts off the lights and everything. What should I do, go to an electrician?

You should go back to school and learn to use punctuation!

Barring that, a Honda factory service manual will have a wiring diagram that you can use to troubleshoot and
repair your harness