Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Questions about 400ex financing

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I was wondering how much you would save up for a down payment. The dealer thats about 20 mins. from my house are selling there red 2001 400ex's for $5,799 so how much money would you put down for the down payment? also is the interest rate added in after all the money stuff is done or do they have a different interest rate for different models? If they have a certain interest rate for the 400ex tell me what it was when you bought it at your dealer. I am just wanting to find out some things about this kind of stuff. Thanks matt.

Old 03-13-2001, 12:13 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Matt. I don't know where you are buying your 400ex, but I would shop around for a better price. There are guys in here getting them for under $5000 out the door. I think what you are paying is really high. And also, isn't there some kind of buyer bucks right now with honda? My husband bought his 400ex in 2000, he didn't put anything down, and his payment is about $120 a month. But that is thru our credit union for only a few years. You may be able to get a better deal thru your credit union or bank. Honda has a high rate of interest, especially if they give you a low rate for one year. Do your homework, get the best price with the best interest rate.
Ride hard, ride safe, and don't forget your brain bucket!
lilred

Old 03-13-2001, 01:25 AM
Range Rover

Hey Matt, Lilred is right. you can find much better deals out there.
now then, let me explain to you about how you can buy a quad. there are many different ways the dealer throws at you all at once to confuse you, they do this for just that reason, to get as much money as they can out of you.
I think honda is still doing the 90 days zero intrest and zero down. well this MAY be a good thing if you are planning on paying off the loan after the 90 days. the thing is if you dont pay off the loan after the 90 days they they tack on 90 days worth of intrest that you didnt pay to the full balance of the loan. This is where it gets a little tricky. there are a couple of different kinds of financing. there is the Honda card which is a credit card. and the intrest rate could be any where from 16.9% to 22.9% or even higher this was hondas new brain storm to make money off what ever you buy with this card.
then there is Honda Financing this intrest rate varies on your credit record, even if you have perfect credit the rate is a little high.(for intance Me, I have perfect credit and my rate is 12.9%)your bank or credit union may be able to do better. Honda financing allows you to pick the term(amount of months) of the loan not exceding 5 years I believe.
Now back to the 90 days thing, the only way this works out well is if you plann to pay off the full amount after the 90 days, wether it be cash or finding a loan during the 90 days with a real low intrest rate.
Be carefull of the Honda Card, just like any other credit card, they can mean trouble if your not careful.
Dont be afraid to ask questions at the dealer if no one can answer you question find someone who can. I hope I was some help to you.