Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Fourtrax Type 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fourtrax Type 2

Hiya folks,

I've exhausted the resources available & I can't find anything. Perhaps some of you fine folks may point me in the right direction. My issue ..

My brother just pulled this Honda from the edge of the woodline. Of course tires are flat, the brake cables & everything else appears rusted horribly, the rear tires do not turn- I suspect the brakes have also rusted.

So needless to say, this is going to be a headache- urmmm ...project, for quite some time. I'm the gearhead of the family, so I've been elected. I wanted to hear the engine turn over, just to signify it WILL turn. There's no key for this atv, so as I popped the plastic from the handlebars, I see the ignition switch has 4 wires. Front rack & front plastic & gas tank removed, I can't say that I've found anything.

Question being- is there a Honda wiring diagram available anywhere ? I'm sure I should be about to cut this switch away, tie a few wires together & plug up my jump box and get this thing to turn over. No idea which wires are which, and been unable to find.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

N Blackmon