Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Anyone with a clarke 4 gallon tnak on a R>?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Anyone with a clarke 4 gallon tank on there R?
If you do, about how long can you ride on a tnak of gas,, in hours. And can you email me a pic of what it looks like on the bike. I am realy intresested in getitng one and am concerned bout how long i will be able to ride and how it looks. If you could email me a pic of make a link to a pic of ur R id be happ.y
matt

Old 03-14-2001, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

I just bought a ims 4 gallon tank(WHAT A RIPPOFF AT$220)my only problem is that, I have not put it on the bike yet. so I really can't help you yet. I have a question....... did you get/have a longer steering stem? seems you might run into rubbing problems when turning. also where do you ride?
ron

Old 03-14-2001, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

We basically just ride around here locally. We have several miles of trails we ride. We also ride several local pits. But i do not feel good about giving out the places i ride. For one, i shouldnt even be riding on half the places i ride, but i have never been bothered.

but when you do get the tank on, snap me a pic pease!
matt

Old 03-14-2001, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 4.0-4.5 (it depends were you get them to what size they say they are, mine is about 4.2-3 i think) gal ims tank. It clears the steering stem and handel bars. you can see a pic at.
here is a old pic of my quad

IMS "4.5gal"

IMS 3.6gal

Clark 4.0

Old 03-14-2001, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

I'll give you some hints about mounting an IMS tank.
First mount the hardware, place it on the quad with only the front bolt in loose.
Put your front fenders back on but don't bolt them down, just put the rubber holds on.
Pull the tank back and forth until it clears your front fenders and then pull your handlebars back and forth until you're sure they won't hit the tank.
Then, take the fenders off after you tighten the front bolt to hold it in place.
See if the other bolt holes match up. If they don't, get out your dremel and oval them to fit.
If you don't do this stuff there is a possibility of your bars hitting the tank and you'll have to grind off some of your front fenders to clear the tank.
If you want to see a pic of a Clarke tank on a quad try www.clarkemfg.com
For an IMS try www.imsproducts.com.
Oh yeah, I forgot. I have an IMS 3.6gallon on my R and have gotton over 60 miles of riding on a full tank.

Old 03-14-2001, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

60 miles wow! Was that hard riding tho? And about how many hours did it take for the 60 miles?

thanks
matt

Old 03-14-2001, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

about how far do you get with ur IMS tank?
(how many hrs of hard ridign that is)
matt

Old 03-15-2001, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

It was up a jeep trail in the high desert here about 175 miles from my home. Some was fast flat road tapped in 6th, some was crawling rocks, tree branches, ruts, etc. in 1st. Elevation went from 3000ft. to 6000ft without a jet change and up at the top it was running pretty crappy. Lots of downhill on the way back so it was easy riding coming back. My friends 250X with a stock tank had to go on reserve about 3 miles from camp. It was a hard hot ride but not necessarily really a fast ride.
At Glamis I can usually ride the dunes hard for over 30 miles and still have about 1/3 tank left. That's a lot of pinned throttle in 3rd-4th gear (sometimes 6th in a big bowl!). Basically we will ride for up to 3 hours at a time (not counting breaks)without ever hitting reserve.

Old 03-16-2001, 08:16 PM
Range Rover

I run a Clarke 4 gallon on my "R". I can get about 4 hours out of it at full tilt woods speed. A stock tanked Banshee had to fill up twice on a receint ride and upon return we both had about the same depth of fuel in the bottom of each tank! I won't ride in the woods without a big tank!

Old 03-16-2001, 08:16 PM
Range Rover

I run a Clarke 4 gallon on my "R". I can get about 4 hours out of it at full tilt woods speed. A stock tanked Banshee had to fill up twice on a receint ride and upon return we both had about the same depth of fuel in the bottom of each tank! I won't ride in the woods without a big tank!

Quick Reply: Anyone with a clarke 4 gallon tnak on a R>?