Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

quad pulling to the right

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011 | 10:28 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default quad pulling to the right

I have a 2009 Honda 500 Rubicon"Trail Edition". I have had a wheel alignment thru the dealer due to quad pulling to the right. All is good according to the dealer but it still pulled to the right. I did another alignment myself with the same results. Am I missing something? I have to keep my handle bars about 3" off straight in order to go straight. I look at my tires and they are perfectly straight while riding but handle bars are way off. This gets very tiring on the arms after a while. Would a problem with the power steering have something to do with this?
Since my dealer is almost 3 hours away I would like to try and figure this out by myself.

Any suggestions?

Old 10-02-2011 | 07:06 AM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!
Default Tie Rods

Originally Posted by scushie
I have a 2009 Honda 500 Rubicon"Trail Edition". I have had a wheel alignment thru the dealer due to quad pulling to the right. All is good according to the dealer but it still pulled to the right. I did another alignment myself with the same results. Am I missing something? I have to keep my handle bars about 3" off straight in order to go straight. I look at my tires and they are perfectly straight while riding but handle bars are way off. This gets very tiring on the arms after a while. Would a problem with the power steering have something to do with this?
Since my dealer is almost 3 hours away I would like to try and figure this out by myself.

Any suggestions?
What do the tires look like when sitting with the handlebars straight? You should have some adjustment in the tie rods and adjust this back out to straight...Check tire pressure too....a difference in that could make it pull one way!