Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Caught by the law today.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2001, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess all you guys that run from the cops would expect the next cop that pulls you over to just give you a warning, and If he doesn't it would not be fair. You wonder why a cop would blow up or yell at you for breaking the law, it probably because he has chased you several times or just got done chasing someone. Lets continue to give us atv'ers a bad name. Let's just hope that when they are chasing you it doesn't cause a serious accident or death.

Old 03-23-2001, 08:49 AM
Pro Rider

I do not agree with the "running from the cops" part, But this conversation does bring up a good point.. Why are there "dual-sport" bikes, that are legal to ride on the road but are designed to run on dirt, and not dual-sport ATV's? Anyone know what the big fuss is about riding an ATV on streets if you obey all the laws? I do not think an ATV would be to safe on a highway, But for lower speed limits (in town) I do not see a problem.I am guilty of "road running" on occasion my self, but I always drive slow and cautiously. Its to bad the big bad government thinks that its a bad thing to have ATV's on the road at 35mph, But has no problem with vehicles that are completely unsafe to drive at those speed ANYWHERE (Ever see a Yugo or a Pinto??? WTF are with those things??!??!?)

Old 03-23-2001, 09:29 AM
Trailblazer

I have never realy been chased by the police, but there was this one time that my frind and I had just got back from riding. As we were were sitting in my driveway we see a warrior come flying up the street, and comeing down the street was a cop. The cop slammed on his brakes and proceeded to try and spin the car around. Well the a$$ end of his car hit big rock and almost smacked a telephone pole.
Needless to say he did not proceed with the chase, but he started to call in a plate check on my frinds truck - (parked in a little cove on the side of the road with ramps hanging out of the tail gate) - when we heard my frinds name come over the cops radio we decided to go and talk to him. At first he thaught the guy on the warrior was with us. He was a little pissed that he cracked up his car, but was very nice to us when he told us to not run when we see a cop because when you run you make the cop mad!! He said he had a quad himself and liked to go rideing.

If and when I ever get chased I would probally still not stop, as long as I am in a situation where I could get away. I know its wrong but it is not worth the hassle.

Old 03-23-2001, 10:54 AM
Range Rover

Wow--"screaming" around town at midnight and further alienating the cops sure is cool! Maybe you all think decreasing public acceptance and increasing restrictions are cool too. If I heard some bozo racing around town at midnight I'd call the cops too--grow up and realize what your actions do for the image of ATVing.

Old 03-23-2001, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

I can't agree more. The same people that are bragging about running from a car on an atv are the same ones that are going to complain when all the riding areas are shut down.
Atv's, to me, are just no fun on the road. They were not designed for that, It is dangerous. Cars have anti-sway bars and tires that are made for the hard surface. Wheelers at speed, are just plain unstable without alot of mods for that purpose. Come on people...talk about this stuff on ICQ or somwhere else.

Old 03-23-2001, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

All of you that are talking and bragging about riding on the roads and running from the cops are screwing it up for everybody else.

Wasn't there a post recently about some poor kid out riding his quad on the streets (drunk) and got hurt real bad. Oh the sympathy!

Idiots!!! Go kill yourselves racing from the cops, riding wheelies through town or whatever. That way when you're gone maybe the public in general will quit losing respect for us and shutting down legal riding places.

Old 03-23-2001, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

In Wyoming quads can be street legal. You must have insurance, registration, headlights, brake lights, horn and mirror. My Banshee is street legal and I ride it on the roads LEGALLY.

The difference when I ride is that I am insured if I do damage to somebody.... Oh, I don't ride like an IDIOT either.

Old 03-23-2001, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

this thread should be locked....
its the stupidest thing i have read since coming to the board.
how the hell can running from a cop and risking innocent people's life be cool. if you ever hit my car or injured or killed anyone i know while running from the cops i will give you the spanking you deserve!

Old 03-23-2001, 08:43 PM
Trailblazer

All you guys that are riding on the roads and only getting warnings are very lucky individuals.I saw some guys i know about three weeks ago got pulled over by a sheriff deputy that each got 1,000 dollar fines.I am pretty sure that they learned their lesson from that one.I used to ride down the same road but i never got caught but i will load my quad every time i go riding from now on.

Old 03-23-2001, 08:48 PM
Range Rover

ALWAYS STOP FOR A COP! it will save you the hassle of going to jail! if a cop stops you turn youre atv off, take you helmet off and be respectfull! then he will be nice, most of the time.
dont blame the cop if you get a ticket. he's just doing his job, probably doesnt even care that your riding(sensibly) you wanna solve the problem go to the people that called and sit down and have a calm talk about it, being respectfull nomatter what. then have youre parents talk to them. and if they keep calling the cop's say YOU will call the cops if you dont stop harasing me(and if youre a minnor, oh-boy can they get it!) so lets be smart okay.

Quick Reply: Caught by the law today.