Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda Rincon 680 2013 VS Polaris Sportsman 500 HO 2013

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Rincon 680 2013 VS Polaris Sportsman 500 HO 2013

I' thinking of getting one of the two above but I cant make up my mind. I'm wandering what you guys think. What are the cons and pros of both machine? Thanks!

Old 03-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

It really depends on what you are going to be doing with the machine.

If just trail riding, I would go for the Rincon even though I am not a fan of the transmission. If you are going to do any type of moderate to heavy pulling, I would consider the Polaris even though I am a Honda fan myself.

I don't really care for the Rincon for just trail riding either. We used to have one. It only has a 3 speed transmission with no low. Don't get me wrong, the Rincon is a nice bike and will still take you places and beyond but I would prefer a 5 speed any day.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Interesting comparison?

I mean...a value line Polaris .vs the $9500 Rincon?

If you want a good do all atv then go Polaris. The 500 is a really good machine...no doubt. But...IMHO...the XP line is even better. Take a look at the 550 XP...

Good luck either way!

biz

Old 03-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

I've got nothing against Hondas, they make a good reliable machine. But IMO the sportsman 500 is the better bang for your buck by far. Heres a real life comparison. I have an 07 sp500 and one of my buddies had an 08 Rincon. Speed- I win by a little, pulling-I win, 4x4, I win, ride comfort- I win by a longshot, reliability- he wins. His Rincon did everything well , the sportsman just did it a little better. With that said after a couple years he began to hate the transmission set-up and traded in for a Rubicon with a 5 speed auto/manual. Either are good machines but if you plan on working the machine at all I'd opt for something other than a Rincon.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Range Rover

Rubicon tranny is about the best out there.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:29 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Bang for your buck the polaris easily over the 680 Rincon. The Polaris has a High /low range tranny giving it a higher towing and pushing rating over the the odd 3 speed Rincon without low range.
Rincon has a 850lb tow rating the SP500 is 1,113lbs.
There almost the same HP 35hp vs 39.
The OHV Rincon is the weakest powered big bore made.
Like all hondas its going to be a 3wd ATV without a AWD system of any kind Unlike the polaris.

If they where the same price I,d chose the Sportsman on tow rating and true AWD alone.

Here is the Tow rating of the 680,is pathetic, even my 350 grizzly (No low range) has more than that.http://www.atv.com/specs/honda/utili...se/detail.html

http://www.atv.com/specs/yamaha/util...x4/detail.html

Old 03-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
Bang for your buck the polaris easily over the 680 Rincon. The Polaris has a High /low range tranny giving it a higher towing and pushing rating over the the odd 3 speed Rincon without low range.
Rincon has a 850lb tow rating the SP500 is 1,113lbs.
There almost the same HP 35hp vs 39.
The OHV Rincon is the weakest powered big bore made.
Like all hondas its going to be a 3wd ATV without a AWD system of any kind Unlike the polaris.

If they where the same price I,d chose the Sportsman on tow rating and true AWD alone.

Here is the Tow rating of the 680,is pathetic, even my 350 grizzly (No low range) has more than that.2013 Honda FourTrax Rincon™ Base Reviews, Prices, and Specs

2007 Yamaha Grizzly 350 Auto 4x4 Reviews, Prices, and Specs
I will agree that the Rincon is not the choice for a work bike. And to be honest, it is not marketed for that either. It has always been known that the Rincon is more of a trail bike than a work bike. We used to have one and while it got the job done, it could of used a low range. Bought a Rubicon and couldn't be happier.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:22 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by angler
I will agree that the Rincon is not the choice for a work bike. And to be honest, it is not marketed for that either. It has always been known that the Rincon is more of a trail bike than a work bike. We used to have one and while it got the job done, it could of used a low range. Bought a Rubicon and couldn't be happier.
But if the Rincon had a high/low and could do both trail ride and work. Like a 660 Grizzly or 650 Brute Force can out pull it in low and out accelerate it in high.
Never got the idea of ,buy the Foreman for work and the Rincon for trails. Just make it do both like everyone else can.

Also low end grunt is not just for work, its handy in thick heavy mud sections or steeper slow rocky climbing sections while trail riding.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I don't understand that either. I wish they would put a low on it. But since they don't, I am happy with my Rubicon.

They also do the same thing on the new Big Red. I just don't get it. They market a machine for work and only put a 3 speed automatic in it. I would love to own a Big Red but the transmission makes me want something else.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:56 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

buy the polaris.

Quick Reply: Honda Rincon 680 2013 VS Polaris Sportsman 500 HO 2013