Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400ex Many loose hoses/lines on Carb and transmission. Need advice. *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400ex Many loose hoses/lines on Carb and transmission. Need advice. *PICS*

Hi all. Just bought a 400ex yesterday. Love it so far, runs great and is pretty quick. However, I found 4 loose hoses. 2 on the carb, one that comes from the tranmission/crankcase (breather I believe) and one from the rear brake master cylinder. Heres some pics:

This one comes out from the top of the carb, and seems to go nowhere. Nothing in the area to plug into.

This one come out near the choke area, and is very long. Any idea where this one goes?

I found this port on the carb. Not sure if one of the hoses connects to this?

This one comes from the tranny/crankcase. I assume its a breather hose? looks like theres an opening on the airbox for it to connect to, but the jackass who owned it broke it off and didn't botehr replacing it. Sure I could fab somthing up to reconnect it. Just wanted to make sure.

And lastly this one comes from the master cylinder for the rear brake. The brake is not working at the moment and the caliper is off. I can see the line going to the caliper so maybe it's a bleeder or somthing along those lines?

Would appreciate any help or advice. I'm most worried about the ones coming from the carb seeing how there's gas in them. Sorry for all the questions but would like to address these problems as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-04-2013, 11:42 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

The crack breather hose is a gimme. Should go in air box or part #12 so water can not enter motor on deep water crossing and oil does not spill on frame if ATV tips over.

There is a tube breather #13 seems to lead nowhere in pic.

On the crab if the pic shows no clip (#34 ) it just dangles and is a over flow. Pics may help get you started. The line from a brake is just a bleeder tube I would think. Here,s a good place for parts http://www.cyclepartsoutlet.com/fich...ATVs&mfg=Honda

Old 07-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow thanks for the reply! answered everything I neded to know. Can't thank you enough. I noticed this board has to reputation system or I would +rep you in a heartbeat!