Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

trx200sx-carb overflows

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question trx200sx-carb overflows

Rebuilt carb with new needle and float appears in good shape. Port where needle seats appears clean. However when fuel petcock turned on gas comes out overflow. any suggestions?

Old 07-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any chance you may have bent the tab on the floats where that needle sits? If you have a new float valve and cleaned carb, your float level is likely the culprit.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

This float is is all plastic with no tabs to adjust. The needle sits in a slot and rest on rib. It looks flat with no warping. I may look into a new float but at $50 I'll try to work it out.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Did you put fuel into bowl when you had the bowl off to see if bowl itself leaked? sometimes the brass tube inside bowl will get split from water sometime down the road an cause the fuel to excape the drain nipple. or if the drain screw is worn an cannot seal off anymore. if bowl leaks when doing this take an weedeater fuel line an slide over tube an this will reseal back split.If bowl not leaking an you are real sure carb is cleaned great I would try this..Reassemble carb an installed back on quad,crank up quad turn fuel value off an when engine starts to go dead[like running out of fuel] open up fuel value before engine goes dead..DONT LET ENGINE DIE.. you will need to repeat this..Sometimes an float value wont seal off fuel..so when this is done engine create an vacumm with the surge an the surge will cause float value[needle value] to jamm up inside carb seat an seal off..may try this afew times...if your carb still over flows and tested the bowl out like mentioned than you may need to buff carb seat with tooth paste or lapping compound to buff the stain off walls of seat to get an fresh start again.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks papa- I did something similar to your suggestion on the carb seat buffing and it seems to be working so far. Thaks again.
Tomw

Old 07-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by papa hogg scoot
Did you put fuel into bowl when you had the bowl off to see if bowl itself leaked? sometimes the brass tube inside bowl will get split from water sometime down the road an cause the fuel to excape the drain nipple. or if the drain screw is worn an cannot seal off anymore. if bowl leaks when doing this take an weedeater fuel line an slide over tube an this will reseal back split.If bowl not leaking an you are real sure carb is cleaned great I would try this..Reassemble carb an installed back on quad,crank up quad turn fuel value off an when engine starts to go dead[like running out of fuel] open up fuel value before engine goes dead..DONT LET ENGINE DIE.. you will need to repeat this..Sometimes an float value wont seal off fuel..so when this is done engine create an vacumm with the surge an the surge will cause float value[needle value] to jamm up inside carb seat an seal off..may try this afew times...if your carb still over flows and tested the bowl out like mentioned than you may need to buff carb seat with tooth paste or lapping compound to buff the stain off walls of seat to get an fresh start again.
Like that idea on the weed eater fuel line over split over flow tubes! I always just used a little film of JB weld,never even occurred to me to do that Papa!

Old 07-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Tomw glad carb is working now for you...And thanks OPT for your comment..Yal all very welcome..glad to help out..