Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

ASV Lever Vs Pro Taper Lever

Old 12-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASV Lever Vs Pro Taper Lever

Hello i have personally never owned ethier and i am looking to buy better levers for my 400ex. Ive heard lots of great things about the ASV's but im not sure if i want to spend the money on those or the pro taper levers. Tell me what you guys think personally about these levers. Thanks Karson.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the ASV levers, but personally am not convinced you really need the breakaway style like the ASV if you run bark busters like I do. Nevertheless, they are what I have been running for years, just a lot more substantial lever vs stock.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Scooter86
I love the ASV levers, but personally am not convinced you really need the breakaway style like the ASV if you run bark busters like I do. Nevertheless, they are what I have been running for years, just a lot more substantial lever vs stock.
Thanks, I've heard nothing but good things about those levers, how do they feel, are they easy to pull or just like standard? And im thinking about getting the shorty instead of standard. Thanks Karson

Old 12-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends on the application. They are a little easier to pull since they ride on a bearing where most OEM levers do not. I find the shape of them to be pretty comfy and they are solid unlike OEM that tends to wear out and flop/have some vertical play in them. I don't think they will make you a faster rider or anything, it is more a personal comfort/confidence thing to me. Now on a dirt bike these can save a day of riding and folding levers are practically a must.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Scooter86
Depends on the application. They are a little easier to pull since they ride on a bearing where most OEM levers do not. I find the shape of them to be pretty comfy and they are solid unlike OEM that tends to wear out and flop/have some vertical play in them. I don't think they will make you a faster rider or anything, it is more a personal comfort/confidence thing to me. Now on a dirt bike these can save a day of riding and folding levers are practically a must.
Thanks I think now I will definitely buy these levers. I also have a rm125 and thinking about getting a yz250f so im probley going to get the ASV levers for my bikes as well.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have small hands stay away from shorty levers as they tend to be a little harder to pull than stock. I have small hands and the shorty clutch lever made my fingers hurt on long rides. I went back to stock and all is well. Any opinions on the pro taper levers?