Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

200cc clutch issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 05:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 200cc clutch issues

So i bought a quad with a no good engine. so i got a new engine for it. Exact same engine. It was half stripped down.
So i rebuilt it with new gaskets.

Got it running but tried to put in to gear and no movement. So i took the clutch off and had a look and put another clutch i had from old engine and now the wheels wont stop turning.

Am i missing something?

should it have 6 or 7 friction plates?

What does the pin that goes in middle of the clutch and the clutch lever do?
I have had it in and pushed on it and seems to do nothing?

any help would be really appreciated. thanks

this is the engine fitted to atv.
[IMG][/IMG]

this is same style clutch i have fitted.
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 09-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Should have a clutch arm or shaft that puts pressure on the center pushing the plate and springs in which take tension off the clutch plates. The outer pressure plate and fiber and metal plates should just spin allowing gear change or at a stop takes pressure off the gear shaft assembly and drive sprocket. Plates may just be frozen and stuck together if sitting for any length of time keeping pressure on. Take it out and keep working the clutch and trying to shift if you can. You may end up freeing up the plates. If it doesn't help then you may have to remove the plates,clean the metal friction disks and fiber plates and reassemble or get some new fiber plates.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Should have a clutch arm or shaft that puts pressure on the center pushing the plate and springs in which take tension off the clutch plates. The outer pressure plate and fiber and metal plates should just spin allowing gear change or at a stop takes pressure off the gear shaft assembly and drive sprocket. Plates may just be frozen and stuck together if sitting for any length of time keeping pressure on. Take it out and keep working the clutch and trying to shift if you can. You may end up freeing up the plates. If it doesn't help then you may have to remove the plates,clean the metal friction disks and fiber plates and reassemble or get some new fiber plates.
I have had them out and put spare set i had. The shaft part that goes in middle of clutch doesnt seem to do anything.
I have pushed on it and it doesnt move.
Should the friction plates be tight or loose?

Old 09-28-2015, 02:30 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

With no pressure on the clutch plate and springs,the clutch "pack" as they call it should be tight. Only when spring pressure is release by compressing the springs and center plate should the plates be "loose"