Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Bent frame - Repair or replace

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 04:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good move on not wasting money on the Recon, they're a dime a dozen in decent shape.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:35 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KeenansGarage
It sucks to give up a frame I have a title to that will be replaced by a frame I probably won't get a title to.

Maybe I just am overthinking it.

Time to hit craigslist and find a new frame.....
You ride places where someone gets on there hands and knees to see if the frame number match the paper work?

When I get a speeding ticket in my suv on a freeway I never seen a police try to match my registration numbers with the numbers under the windshield ley alone on the frame of a ATV.

Just straiten the frame the best you can and who cares if its not perfect and pulls a little to the left or right . It will be hard to notice on slow trail rides anyways .
Is a 250 2wd its not like it will be high balling down the gravel roads all day.

Sorry I just notice you got rid of it now.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
You ride places where someone gets on there hands and knees to see if the frame number match the paper work?

When I get a speeding ticket in my suv on a freeway I never seen a police try to match my registration numbers with the numbers under the windshield ley alone on the frame of a ATV.

Just straiten the frame the best you can and who cares if its not perfect and pulls a little to the left or right . It will be hard to notice on slow trail rides anyways .
Is a 250 2wd its not like it will be high balling down the gravel roads all day.

Sorry I just notice you got rid of it now.
I was kinda thinking the same thing too. My thinking was that it was an older Honda Recon that's worth maybe $1000 in good shape. I would have tried to straighten the frame if it didn't cost that much. But finding a new frame and pulling everything off the old frame and using a new one, that's an incredible amount of work to gain a few hundred bucks. Probably could still have gotten $500 out of the Recon with a bent frame. Someone would buy it for the engine and part out the rest and get their money back. Nobody cares if an old Honda Recon has a title, much less if the frame matches the title you have.

Old 09-30-2015, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by greg74
I was kinda thinking the same thing too. My thinking was that it was an older Honda Recon that's worth maybe $1000 in good shape. I would have tried to straighten the frame if it didn't cost that much. But finding a new frame and pulling everything off the old frame and using a new one, that's an incredible amount of work to gain a few hundred bucks. Probably could still have gotten $500 out of the Recon with a bent frame. Someone would buy it for the engine and part out the rest and get their money back. Nobody cares if an old Honda Recon has a title, much less if the frame matches the title you have.

nobody cares if it has a title or the numbers match?! not where I live!

Old 10-01-2015, 09:49 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by atvcollector
nobody cares if it has a title or the numbers match?! not where I live!
Whos going to ask for it, a moose?