Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

88 TRX350 Fourtrax Foreman

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 04:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 TRX350 Fourtrax Foreman

I just got into an ATV with this purchase of an 88 TRX350 Foreman. I do not have a lot of experience in the ATV world at all. I recently sold an old motorcycle to raise funds to get a little workhorse/hunting rig.

This seemed to fit the bill. But now I am here, looking for the best boards because I will be having a ton of questions as I start messing around with this thing. For now it seems to run just fine, cranks up cold no problem and idles well. Except for a few cosmetic issues it seems to operate just fine.

I guess my first question would be what do I really need to watch for when it comes to regular servicing of this older ATV? Things like; should I put stable in the tank? A particular type of oil that is better for older vehicles, what areas should I inspect closer than others to identify issues etc...

I am hoping to get some good info here!

Old 01-25-2016, 01:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have had this exact model and year for 30 years. It has been incredibly reliable even thru daily use on wooded trails on our tree farm in NH. . I would use a fuel stabilizer as recommended by Honda. Other than that, this machine is very forgiving even through many years of no maintenance as I have been guilty of. So much work and activity has always taken presidence. I have recently done maintenance when, finally, my C.D.I. unit failed. Just yesterday my fuel filter plugged up. I do not remember ever replacing that part before. I am just saying that this older machine is quite a rugged partner. Forestry and Electric utility companies used them for remote access and they served very well. The older Foremans and Fourtracks, I believe are a better bargain than any other new machine you can buy today. The quality that was put into this machine just dosn't exist today. You've just struck Gold !

Old 02-04-2016, 08:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

That is a awesome bike dude. These are as reliable as they can get!

Old 02-26-2016, 10:57 PM

Nice machine you have there ....
They are tough quads. Bought an '86 when they first came out, then a '90 which I still ride to-day.

You can get condensation in the metal fuel tank. Keep it full if you can.
A manual 'override' on the fan can help too. Easy to do .... fused line.

Attached Thumbnails 88 TRX350 Fourtrax Foreman-img_0680.jpg   88 TRX350 Fourtrax Foreman-img_1499.jpg