Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2007 Rubicon Leaking fuel.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 11:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Rubicon Leaking fuel.

A few months back I purchased a 2007 Rubicon that only had 800 miles on it. I have since put about 500 miles on it, but have always thought that this machine was very hard on fuel.

Found a puddle of fuel under the atv and was dripping pretty fast from a black tube coming down from the carb. As soon as I turned the petcock to the off position the leak stopped.

I am assuming since this atv sat unused for a long period that the fuel has gummed up the carb. Since I've owned the quad I have only ran non ethanol fuel with Stabil added to every tank.

Havent taken the carb off yet, just wondering before I do what I might need to order as for repair parts, considering a whole new carb just for piece of mind going forward.

Old 11-21-2016, 03:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 310 Likes on 304 Posts

Personally I would just turn the tap off when not using the bike for a while. The float needle has either gone faulty or got a bit of dirt stuck in it. As it is low mileage my guess is dirt, and the fault will probably go away as the dirt gets washed through. There could be more grit in the tank, so it may do it again once in a while. If you feel you must, buy and fit a new float needle, nothing else, there are more problems caused by fitting "rebuild kits" than by worn components.