Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

no 2 strokes in 2002

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2001 | 11:33 AM
|
Range Rover

If youre so dam smart answer my question. What 2 stroke is currently in production by Honda? do your Homework! go to honda's website and go into there press releases in January. I don't like the idea of the 2 stroke going but if my riding privliges will be taken away because of it I will give it up. I don't rely on hearsay from others, When I am interested I research it myself. The cr is the last of hondas 2 strokes. Whether it is considered a motorcycle or a closed course, comp.only, of other f..... up name you want to give it. Before replying do yourself and others reading a favor.... do your homework!!

Old 04-18-2001 | 11:37 AM
87r
Range Rover

Since NOTHING will convince you otherwise I guess we will just have to wait and see. The next years MXer's usually get to the dealers in late August - then we will know for sure.

In the meantime, go spread you gloom and doom predictions elsewhere - we are all tired of hearing about it.

Old 04-18-2001 | 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

I think one has the obligation of applying common sense along with "doing their research". Even if someone didn't have concrete evidence that CRs will be produced next year, common sense would tell you what to think.I don't have pics of the 2002 Ford taurus, but I know it will be made.The roll over and give me what I may have attitude, will ultimately kill our sport, don't give me scraps, I demand the freedom to ride what I want, and I will fight for that. However stupid your asessment of "honda stopping 2strokes" may be, would you like to see a pic of the 02' CR250?

Old 04-19-2001 | 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

Honda does not make Snowmachines or chain saws so getting out of 2 strokes is no big deal for Honda.

Old 04-23-2001 | 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Not too dedicated to your position, now are you fastrax?

Old 04-24-2001 | 01:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

This doesn't disprove or confirm fasttrax but it does point in a 4-stroke direction. There will be no 2-strokes after 2004 even outboard boat motors. But it is possible that Honda may get by this with the motorcross loophole but I doubt it. Check the link out. http://www.hondamotorcycles.com/press/index.html

Old 04-25-2001 | 11:23 AM
|
Range Rover

I would like to see a 2002 catologe to back up what is on hondas web site as a press release. I am not against two strokes however times are changing. Go with the flow, Two strokes are soon to be band from yellowstone along with everything else. If polaris would create a four stroke and back up other manufactuers on enviromental issues this would have not had happened. In Utah atv manufactures donate to blue ribbon and other groups to protect our riding rights. Polaris manufactures do not. Who makes a lot of the 4x4 and two strokes that are causing the stink? I am a person who wants freedom but I don't think we need to have the whole place a life free area because of a single engine. We have the technology of producing a 4 stroke engine that will outlast 2 strokes anyway. Call me a treehugger and I will accept it to an extent. It is your land as well as mine and I have the right to protect my share and you have your right with yours. We will have to see what happens with the 2 stroke. This issue came up by honda and I have heard it from many others.

Old 04-25-2001 | 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

fasttrax... there have been pictures of the preproduction CRs floating around on the web. They have a new style aluminum frame and guess what, they are still in the 125 and 250 flavors. The CRs DO fall under a class of machines used in closed course competition which DOES make them exempt from emission standards because they are not intended for recreation use on public land (BLM, USFS, etc). You are very confused, you need ot do YOUR HOMEWORK!

Old 04-25-2001 | 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

This is kind of a funny thread... I wouldnt worry about honda not making the CR's, they will continue to make them as long as people are racing. The epa laws or whatever do not count for the r's cuz you are ONLY suposta ride them on a closed corse or track, not off-road, strictly MX. As long as you see the crazy b#stards on TV you'll see the r's..

Old 04-25-2001 | 03:47 PM
87r
Range Rover

Fasttrax,

You have a point and I agree that 2 strokes are on the way out eventually -- I just disagree on how soon it will happen to the race-only bikes.

Honda's main goal is to make money and if they quit making CR's they will lose a LOT of sales dollars as long as people can go buy a KX, YZ, or RM instead. If the other manufacturers stop then I am sure Honda will follow suit. That will be the same day that I quit racing MX and take up golf, by the way.

I buy a new race bike every year and I will always buy a 2 stroke as long as they are available or until these new thumpers get competitive which in my opinion they are not (although they have come a long way in a short period of time).

I also think Hondas discontinuation of the CR line will be mandated by the EPA, not by Honda itself as this press release insinuates.

Quick Reply: no 2 strokes in 2002