Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2013 Recon 250 Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 11:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Recon 250 Project

Another one of my projects is a 2013 Honda Recon 250 with the electric shift.
Bought it about a month ago from the original owner. It was only used around their property, but his wife was riding it and she flipped it and it rolled multiple times. The frame is slightly bent to the right. Still runs and drives perfectly - the only issue is the left front tire of the quad (if you are sitting on it) is significantly closer to the plastics than the other side. The whole front end is shifted.

Plans for this project is either try to straighten the frame out or replace it with a used frame. I ordered a new wheel as one bent.

Purchase price: $1300

If I have any questions for you recon owners I'll post it here. This is my first Honda and so far, very impressed with how it rides and for a little 250, it can go through a lot. Only got it stuck once on the ride and that was doing burnouts in mud trying to get it stuck.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frames for 190-400 aint bad. Id get a used frame and spend a day doing the swap and going through cleaning/greasing connections and grounds etc..

Keep us posted and have fun.

I picked up a 1999 Foreman 450 ES and it had electrical issues and many other problems. Cple of computers and new wiring harness and shes a beast. The ES aspect is ok but the novelty wears off when you realise you never have a free hand..lol