Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

brendabarber28@gmail.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 02:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brendabarber28@gmail.com

my 1999 Honda Recon idals really fast and then when it is put in gear it is really sluggish and backfires i need to know where the carburator adjustment screw is located:

Old 05-13-2017, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what carburetor you have, but typically there is a black **** on a stalk about 2 or 3 inches long, should adjust the idle. It is probably due for a good cleaning, anyway. Getting all the crud out and blowing the jets out with air, usually gets everything right again. Might find a youtube video. You have either a Mikuni or a Keihin carb. Not so different from older Harley Davidsons or even Triumph motorcycles. If you are meticulous, taking a carburetor apart is not a big deal, but you need a clean place with no interruptions. Does not hurt to take pictures. I wouldn't be surprised that you find a partially obstructed pilot jet.

Old 05-14-2017, 01:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 305 Likes on 299 Posts

The 250 has a slide carb, so the adjustment screw is on the side of the slide tube, a screwdriver slot, just above the flange for the float chamber. Yes it is like many older motorcycles, but most of the Chinese Kid's quads have similar carbs.