Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Im a Honda guy now I guess

Old 07-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im a Honda guy now I guess

Bought a 2017 Honda Rubicon DCT IRS EPS yesterday.

I've only put about 5km on it, but I like it so far. It shifts rough, but as I've read the machine needs to learn how to shift and it will get better. It will also get better after the first oil change.

What should I do to it right away? I will dialectic grease all connections tomorrow, but is there anything else?

Does anything need to be snorkelled right away? I will snorkel the intake eventually, but what about the gas tank, diff's, rad etc?

Old 07-09-2017, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

Congratulations! The only suggestion, I like to spray WD40 on everything underneath, seems to help the mud from sticking, haven't noticed any ill effects on rubber, etc. I would not spray directly on CV boots, tires etc. Anyway, seems to help, or could be the placebo effect, haha.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:07 AM
Trailblazer

Howdy. How much mud riding do you intend to do? If you do not intend to ride lots of water or mud, you shouldn't need to do anything to it.

Congrats on the purchase!

I ride a 2016 Honda Rancher DCT and I love it. I have put 2800+ miles on it now and it has been fantastic.

WD40? My only concern would be this, everything I put WD40 on attracts dirt/dust, because it's an oil. What a mess, I would not...unless you are planning to do serious mudding, then maybe hydrex is onto something.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by creed82
Howdy. How much mud riding do you intend to do? If you do not intend to ride lots of water or mud, you shouldn't need to do anything to it.

Congrats on the purchase!

I ride a 2016 Honda Rancher DCT and I love it. I have put 2800+ miles on it now and it has been fantastic.

WD40? My only concern would be this, everything I put WD40 on attracts dirt/dust, because it's an oil. What a mess, I would not...unless you are planning to do serious mudding, then maybe hydrex is onto something.
I do ride a bit in water and muskeg. Not for hours, but when I do its in the middle of no where. So to avoid a break down 100km from a road I think I should go through the connections, if not all maybe just the ones that seem to fail like the 4wd and the transmission ones.