Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda rancher problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 08:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda rancher problems

HI IM NEW TO THIS WHOLE THING DK WHAT IM DOING SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME HERE!!!
I HAVE A 2012 HONDA RANCHER 2X4 AND IM HAVING ISSUE WITH IT AS WELL AS FINDING THE PROBLEM!! FOR STARTERS IT HAS RODE GOOD ALL WEEK THEN SUDDENLY IT STARTED TO BLOWIING THE MAIN FUSE!! AND WONT CRANK!!! I CALL MYSELF CHASING THE WIRES BUT I HAVENT HAD MUCH LUCK WITH FINDING ANY NAKED OR DAMAGED WIRES !!! CAN ANY1 POSSIBLY HELP ME OUT WITH ANY TIPS OR suggestions !!! IT WILL B GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Old 08-01-2017, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try to download a wiring diagram and see where the wires go, first. My mechanic works on all makes, he says all have their little quirks. Check wiring out of the stator and wires at the voltage regulator, and around the steering column. If it were me, after pulling my hair out for a while and not finding the obvious, I would probably take it in. You don't want an electrical fire...

Old 08-02-2017, 01:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

If it blows the main fuse when the ignition is switched off, the most likely cause is the voltage regulator, the big one next to the coolant header tank. Disconnect the pug with the red and green wires on it. This can be tight and you need to press in a plastic clip first. If the fuse then stays in one piece, the fault is in the regulator.

If the fuse only blows when the ignition is on, the fault can be anywhere, so a wiring diagram is essential or, like Hydrex wrote, take it to the dealer.