View Poll Results: What Should I do?
Fix it!
50.00%
Part it out?
0%
Sell it as is?
50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

2001 Honda 400EX Blown Transmission, What Should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider Decent Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2001 Honda 400EX Blown Transmission, What Should I do?

Hi, I had luck on this forum last year with my old Artic Cat ATV so I though I'd come back!

So A friend from Arizona recently gave me his Honda 400EX for free, and even shipped it to Illinois for free! What a generous guy eh? Anyways, neither one of us knew it had a blown transmission. When i first got on it I noticed it wasnt shifting and there was a clicking sound coming from the engine (nothing to do with pistons or rods). I brought it to the dealer they said it was a transmission right away. I am a pretty good mechanic, i got options so I need some opinions!

If I decide to rip apart the tranny I will do it myself. So thats one option, the other is to part it out and sell the working parts (probably the most profitable option), and my last option is to just sell it as is. With the little time I have on my hands work, school etc. what would you guys do? I dont want to bring it to a dealer either because I never trust em anymore! I currently ride a Raptor 660R so it's not like I have to have this Honda atv.

Thanks for any help!