ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   Tires Spiked by a Greenie Hypocrite (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/37457-tires-spiked-greenie-hypocrite.html)

SandmanBlue 04-20-2001 07:14 PM

Hold on people. This moron for a lady is the perfect exmple of what NOT to do. Guns, sugar in the gas, all of that is going to be skewed as hell raising atv'er behaviour by some local newspaper or tv station. Retaliation like that is too easy and won't get the desired effects.

It would be much better for us to be the first ones to contact the news/police/tv and report that she has placed a spiked strip in the road that is a hazard to vehicles, hikers, children and animals. Don't you think the news would be all over THAT??? Kids being spiked, poor harmless Bambi stricken down by the idiocy of a self proclaimed wilderness saver. This moron doesn't even know what the hell she has done. We don't need to step to her level. Let's step above it and be smarter. That won't be too hard, considering the mentality of tree huggers.

Considering the lack of news these days, I'm sure the media would LOVE to pick up this story...

ex_master 04-20-2001 07:24 PM

I KNOW < THEY DRIVE ME UP THE WALL!!! They blame me for riding on a beach (which i dont) then they go out at night and get their 4x4 trucks stuck in the sand..... and i just watch and laugh at them.....

braveheart98 04-20-2001 07:30 PM

Taking off the helmet when you talk to them might make you you seem less like a big plastic monster to them. With that helmet on though sure makes it easy for a good old head butt though. It's a little harder to pick you out of a line up with after you wore one also. ;o)

Templar16 04-21-2001 02:44 AM

That really sucks! Gee someone walking the trail could have stepped on her nails. I cannot stand tree hugging eco-nazis. They drive in their limozines and fly in there planes but tell people their suvs are horrible and rasing the temp. They always want to be exempt from all their own ideas, you never see any of these environmentalist politicians driving in yugos. Id put nails in her car tires and tell her you did it for the environment.

99 blaster
oo eton sierra 90

letitsnow 04-21-2001 12:37 PM

This could be an advertisement for 2 companies...Slime tire sealant, and Remington firearms.

RideRed04 04-21-2001 08:53 PM

i have heard of people that have run into barb wire strung between trees, on there own property! sick stuff. going to the news first is a really good idea. by the way, what is wrong with the winters being a little longer and warmer. i'm not complaining! more ride time, o darn!

BrianW2004 04-21-2001 10:34 PM

i couldnt agree with SandManBlue... why try to get revenge when that can start even a bigger problem. you could easily turn her into the law with charges like destruction of propety and attempted murder possibly, if u were going around 60 and hit that, both tires blown, that could be a very serious hazard... now going to the news, great idea... u would have people up there protesting about her stupid idea.............. just some input

springdrl 04-21-2001 11:49 PM

So I take then that you ride any place where you think no one will complain? If you're not riding on public land that is clearly marked for such use, you are most definitely on private land and should only be there by permission. Anyone found on private land without the owners permission is trespassing.

braveheart98 04-22-2001 04:50 AM

So I take it that you feel it ok for people to set up booby traps on private or public land? I wonder what your view will be when you or one of your loved ones come across something like this. I truly hope that nobody gets hurt. Eco Nazi's just don't focus on one particular group. They target everyone whom uses the outdoors. From driving spikes into tree on loggers. harassing hunters, to setting traps for the people enjoying the great outdoors. This is done both public and privately owned land. You might feel a board of nails is fine. I wonder how the family hiking down the trail or the person on horseback that steps on it will have your same view.

FiendAZ 04-22-2001 01:02 PM

Call every news place within 50 miles of where you were riding, tell them about the nail strip, and about how it is a big hazard to ATVers, children, etc. She'll learn not to be a hypocrite.