Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Tires Spiked by a Greenie Hypocrite

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2001, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were riding a well established fire road on a powerline/pipeline right of way, and got our tires spiked (they pound nails into boards, then bury them pointed side up in the dirt). While we were watching the fix-a-flat gurgle out of the holes, a lady came running out of a nearby house and began makeing fun of us. So, (naturally) I had a little talk with her! A bit of advice-If you ever have to talk to these people, take off your helmet. Without the helmet you become a real person. With the helmet on, you're just a big plastic monster to them.

She said we were "destroying wildlife habitat". So, I pointed out that the (large) lot where her house sat was once "wildlife habitat" before they bulldozed it up and paved it over to put up her house. Not having an answer to that one, she said we were trespassing (the utilities don't care). So, I pointed out to her that she was trespassing too!! Not having an answer to that, she said we make smoke and noise pollution. So, I asked her if she drove a car, and doesn't it have an exhaust so doesn't it cause pollution? And what about the cigarette she was smoking, and isn't one persons noise another persons music (there isn't any sound I like better than a piped YZ426!)? She didn't have a logical response to anything I said.

What a hypocrite!! We all take something form nature and/or alter it in some way, that's how we all survive!! I don't know what it's like in the rest of the country, but here in So. Calif. people who live near open space come to regard it as their OWN PROPERTY. THEY'RE JUST SELFISH, and don't want to share it with anyone else. So, they invent all kinds of illegitimate reasons why they shouldn't have to.

Old 04-20-2001, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

A freind last year almost bit it someone put vcr tape around two trees! luckily he was going slow, he was on a legal marked trail. Yeah it is sick, when they blast us for poluting and drive off in there 1970 VW microbus which has zero polution control! they certianly like using the toilet and turning on lights and running the machines that makes expreso. There is no reasoning with them mostactually do not even know why they hate atv's they just do becuase someone else tells them too. I have several times tried to get Sierra club people to chat with me, but to no avail, they won't. They just want to be heard and have no one answer back. There is no permanent damage done by atv's. ever see a trail that has been re routed? in a matter of a few years it is totally unrecognizable as a trail. We re routed the road to my cabin in less than 5 years the old road was totally retaken by mother nature. if you did not know were it used to be you would never knowthat for 15 years it was a heavily used road.

Old 04-20-2001, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer

i think the tree-huggers the biggest hyprocrites there are... they love having everything they have... they dont like the polution coming out of anything, they drive cars, and ride on jets, they gripe about our little 4 stoke engines but they yet dont do any thing about the car they drive, ye i believe we need to preserve some forests, thats why we have National Parks.. duh!?! these people dont like us having nice things that pollute less then some of the vehicles they own, i yet to have been spiked or strangled, maybe i should pack my .41 Magnum just to let them think twice, BUT I WOULDNT DO THAT all it would do is cause bigger problems

Old 04-20-2001, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

Danm eco *****!!! they cant let ppl have any fun even though we cause less damage than them! O well i guess ya gotta live with them. When I see ppl like that I act as polite and nice as I can so when they are yellin at me they really have no reason to and it just makes them look like the moron that they are.

Old 04-20-2001, 04:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

You have got to be kidding? That is terrible! What the heck was she thinking?? Where were they burried at?? I imagine your talking about somewhere in Reche or San Timeteo canyon??

We'll have to meet up and 'explore' that area for other obsticles!

Incidentally, how did the fix-a-flat do?? I've been meaning to put some green slime in my tires... I guess I really need to get on it!

Old 04-20-2001, 04:51 PM
Trailblazer

There is no excuse for some of the things "tree-huggers" will do. This is the first I've heard of peolpe having tires spiked and running into VCR tape. That is ridiculous! Someone could get seriously hurt. Luckily where I ride nothing like that has happened to me or my firends YET. Is this common for peolpe to sabotoge trails? Has anyone ever caught somebody in the act of doing it?

Old 04-20-2001, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

crice-It was up in Yucaipa near Crafton Hills College. The fix-a-flat got us home. It didn't seal completely though. Even the next day, there was a little air still coming out, so we plugged it. I have green slime in another bike, and it's not a permanent fix either. Of the two I think I prefer the fix-a-flat.

Old 04-20-2001, 05:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

so before the nails, you didn't have anything in the tires? Sounds like the fix-a-flat worked ok at low pressure.

Old 04-20-2001, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

We run fix-a-flat in the tires all the time, just in case. It makes the wheels a little heavier, but as insurance it's worth it. We actually rode a couple more hours after the nails. We didn't lose that much air, but the seal wasn't perfect.

Old 04-20-2001, 06:11 PM
Range Rover

if you find out the idiot did spike your tires take her little tree hugging self to small claims court for 2 reasons
1. spiking you tires is destroying property
2. it could lead to serious injory

if you ever ride there agian and get your tires spiked again pour suger in her cars gas tank. chances are it was her.

Quick Reply: Tires Spiked by a Greenie Hypocrite