haunted honda - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:36 AM
Trailblazer

Default haunted honda

My 01 250ex acts like its not getting power to handlebars. The nuetral light bulb is blown, reverse light is not. new battery. If i jump solenoid quad starts and runs. when put in revese while running, revese light comes on but dims as throttle increases. Nuetral switch is good. Whats going on any ideas? i need a new solenoid, got one ordered, would the solenoid cause all this? Im lost. I have an 86 230s ive rebuilt 3yrs ago that still runs like a bat outta hell. this this has me baffled.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider

You may have wasted your money on that new solenoid. If the neural light fault is in the switch, or wiring, the solenoid will not operate, as there is a lockout circuit that only allows the solenoid to work in neutral. What is more likely is either the main fuse has gone, or you have a bad connection to battery (include earths in this,) or the battery is completely dead.