Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

White Bros E Series Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2001 | 10:02 PM
|
Trailblazer

I was doing some maintence on my bike this weekend getting ready for a race. I noticed that my heat shield was missing a bolt. I took the other bolt out to compare the size with another. I found a hose clamp, wrapped around the mount where the bolt was supposed to go in my White Brothers Pipe. I loosened the clamp, and a piece of the pipe fell out. (Yikes!!!!) It was about the size of a quarter. Well, I went to the auto parts store, and bought some JB Weld Quick Set. (Big Mistake!) I mixed the tubes, and fixed the piece with the JB Weld. It dried in about 4 minutes. I waited until the next day at the track to start my bike. At the track I went ahead and placed the hose clamp back on. (Boy am I glad I did!!!) I then put the heat shield back on, with the one bolt. I started my bike to warm it up. I noticed something burning on the pipe. I looked at my pipe, and saw that the JB Weld was burning. I continued to let it warm up. I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. After letting it warm up, I read the JB Weld package. It stated that it will hold up to 300 Degrees. Well, I wish I would have bought the regular JB Weld, instead of the Quick Weld.

Has anyone had this happen to their White Brothers Pipe? I plan on calling them and asking them about it. Maybe I can get them to warranty it.

Here's a pic:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...721&p=47235195

Old 04-25-2001 | 11:02 AM
Range Rover

I had the weld between the pipe and the muffler crack on me. I think the tailgate did that though. WB was kind enough to take care of it under warrantee. I would call Wb and see if they will take care of it.

Old 04-26-2001 | 01:34 AM
Range Rover

thats crazy.. call white bro's.. they'll help ya out i bet

Old 04-26-2001 | 04:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

well listen to this deal guys, i first got my white brothers e series pipe at the end of 2000, jan 1st 2001 i noticed the rear part of the pipe bracket to the subframe was toatally cracked and seperated from the pipe itself, well i called white brothers and talked to a few people, well in the early production of the white brothers e series pipes they had many complaints about cracking, they need a whole new back peice to the pipe, well i sent it in to white brothers, not 2 months later im sitting here again with a cracked bracket after they fixed it and put on a new part that wasnt saposed to be defected!! well thats my story and im sticking to it, im thinking about calling a new company to get a pipe next time, not very good quality

Old 04-26-2001 | 06:49 PM
Range Rover

I have a White Brothers exhaust for my 300ex. I have had it for about 4 months now and haven't had a problem yet. I don't think that it is poor quality, but if you are definately going to get a different exhaust, I would reccomend a Supertrapp. My friend has one and it is almost as good. DO NOT GET DG. Atleast don't get the RCM or Krome Lite or any of that seriers. All they are is loud. I'm not sure how good the new DG pipe is.

Old 04-27-2001 | 01:35 AM
Range Rover

why no tthe RCM? my brother has it... it sounds great and lifts up the front end in every gear without trying.

Old 04-27-2001 | 01:36 AM
Range Rover

why not the RCM? my brother has it... it sounds great and lifts up the front end in every gear without trying.

Old 04-27-2001 | 08:34 AM
|
Trailblazer

Well, I called White Brothers yesterday. I am a little disgusted!! I spoke with Bobby. I explained to him that I bought my 2001 400EX from someone who lives in New Jersey. I told him that the pipe was already on the bike. He said he would like to help me out, but.....since I didn't buy the pipe directly from them, there was nothing he could do for me. He suggested that I take it off, and have someone weld it. I don't see how this is not a factory glitch. All the years I've been racing, and riding ATV's, I've never seen anything like this. I think when they welded the heat shield mounts, they got it too hot, causing it to become weak. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! I guess I can always write a letter to the owner of the company, and send a picture of it. Probably won't help though. Any other suggestions??

Old 04-27-2001 | 04:40 PM
Trailblazer

I was just waiting for you to say you bought it used from someone else.
Otherwise you had a pretty good shot at getting them to replace it.

Of all the pipes I have asked about I never heard a bad thing about the E series WB pipes, until now. I am second guessing my decision now. (no pipe yet)

Best thing to do would be put together a very professional sounding letter to the owner directly. Leave out when and who you bought the bike from.
Just say things like the pipe was installed on the bike on this date and on this date it was found to be defective, here is the proof and here is what I would like done.
Include pictures of the muffler removed from the bike to show its defects.
Then at the close of the letter let them know unless this is resolved to some point you will never buy a WB product again. Usually the owner is willing to work with you if it is his name on the line.

If they do know it was bought new by someone else and transferred ownership usually they consider it damaged by the previous idiot.

One last thing: are we talking about the slip on pipe here? And the area that came apart was the area of the WB pipe that clamps over the end of the stock headpipe? Could it be from overtightening the clamp holding these two together?

Best of Luck,

Old 04-27-2001 | 04:53 PM
Range Rover

Yes it does sound good...but it is also very loud. Many riding areas are getting shut down because of noise. The DG is te loudest I've ever heard. I only kept mine about 2 months. I started getting complaints so I decided to take it off and sell i. I got all of my money back when I sold it, so it was no big deal. On my 300ex...the DG exhaust (I had complete system), I couldn't stand it up in 3rd, much less in 2nd. With my white brothers, I can stand it up with no hassel in 3rd, meaning all I do is pull up. I'm not that strong of a person and it was easy. I could get it up in 4th as well, but it was a struggle. The DG is only loud, it offers hadly any horse power. The white brothers or the supertrapp is the way to go...unless you have enough money to buy something like a Yoshimura. But I do believe that white brothers won the exhaust shoot out for the 400ex in a recent dirt wheels magazine. DG didn't even make it into the shoot out. Just in case your wondering, a complete Yoshimura system is around 400-$500.

Quick Reply: White Bros E Series Pipe