Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2007 honda trx 250ex

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 03:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 honda trx 250ex

I went to go ride my quad today after replacing my rear bearing . For some reason it will not go past 3rd gear . Before it worked fine all the way up to 5, and it also goes in reverse fine. The only thing I did was tighten up the foot clutch lever on the left side . But I can't image that making it not go past 3rd. Any suggestions??

Old 04-20-2020, 08:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Daunte Witcher
I went to go ride my quad today after replacing my rear bearing . For some reason it will not go past 3rd gear . Before it worked fine all the way up to 5, and it also goes in reverse fine. The only thing I did was tighten up the foot clutch lever on the left side . But I can't image that making it not go past 3rd. Any suggestions??
Maybe try to loosen the lever again and see if that works. How much did you tighten it? Still, I couldn't imagine tighten the shifter lever would do that. Maybe you broke something coincidentally right after you tightened it?

Old 04-20-2020, 08:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yea Itried loosening it but that didn't fix it. I order new clutches, once they come in thursday I will replace and see if that fixes the problem.

Old 04-20-2020, 10:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Daunte Witcher
Yea Itried loosening it but that didn't fix it. I order new clutches, once they come in thursday I will replace and see if that fixes the problem.
I am not the most experienced person in gearboxes, but I don't think this is a clutch issue. When you say you can't shift past third, does the shifter lever just not move up to allow you to shift? Or does the shift lever go up, but you remain in third gear?

Old 04-20-2020, 10:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

The shift lever goes up but it stays in 3rd gear.

Old 04-20-2020, 10:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Update: I drained the oil out of the Gear Box and it was dirty slightly muddy like. I cleaned the inside, put fresh oil in and ran it again . It's ended up being able to go through all 5 gears and back down. Then I ran it again And it went through all 5 gears again but coming back down it will not go into neutral or reverse. I check the gear oil again it did not look too bad but I changed it again and still no luck.