Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

my first race!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2001, 10:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i made it back in one piece but my friend was cut off in the air and was severly hurt! he tore his archillies tendon, and some other stuff. i got dead last off the start because i forgot to put a new plug in and it loaded up! i worked my way up to 9th in the first moto out of 17 ppl! i was pretty proud considering i missed all practices. in the second moto i got the holeshot but went too wide in the first corner and ended up in 3rd. after the first jump (the idiot the wrecked my friend and was very much slower than me) cut in front of me in the air and a 400ex rearended me in the air i almost wrecked but recovered. i tried to pass him a little bit later and swerved into me in the air again and i landed sideways and popped my chain. i got it back on but was way behind. i worked my was back up to the back of the pack. i soon caught up with the idiot again and he tried to wreck me again! this went on for about 2 laPs. i was geting rather mad them i finally passed him. as i was going by him he proceeded to hit me still! what is up with that??? i thoink its uncalled for! i ended up passoing 5 wheelers before the race was over! i could have passed more but i was too tired from trying not to get killd by the madman the ruined my best friends race season! i think that these people should be penalized for being so stupid! i think all that crap it very uncalled for and he could have killed someone! what would have happened if my friend landed on his neck when that guy did that? he was an old fat pig headed moron that shouldnt be allowed on the track! this was both of ours first races and he ruined my friends summer now! he has to walk around on crutches for an estimated 6 months! people like that ruin this sport! if the maniac that was pigheaed is reading this i hope you should be ashamed of your self you ruined my 17 year old friends career for this year and he may possibally never be able to race again! thanks a lot!

Old 04-29-2001, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

hey sorry to hear about your friend. i woulda kicked that guys *** after the race. did u place higher than him? congrats on finishing your first race i hope your friend recoveres fast.

Old 04-30-2001, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

that is ridculous that the guy just tries to wreck you..i think i would of waited till after the race got off and punched him. That is very uncalled for.

But either way, grats on living through your first race!

Old 04-30-2001, 04:47 PM
Trailblazer

You should have went over after the race and had a few words with him and told him what you thought of his driving and what else was on your mind about him and if it happens again he better run like hell because you'll.........

Old 04-30-2001, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about your friend.

I have raced for the last 2 years in the local series here in New England. I have seen my friends also get hurt (in practice no less) from some one else who cannot jump straight.

Did you talk to the track officials or organizers about this guy? If not, then nothing will get solved. Going up and starting a confrontation will get nothing resolved and only bring bad taste. Possible making the guy gun for you on purpose next time.

Talking to the officials (the people that run the event) will be the only way to solve this matter. At the very least the rider should be handed a warning. Another incident and the rider should be banned from the series.

Old 05-01-2001, 10:05 PM
Range Rover

thanks for the congrats! i counted down the days for almost three months! i love it! its the best waste of money ever! im going back next sunday. my friend is alot better than i thought and he should be racing again in like a month! hes really lucky that he was wearing riding boots (which he happened to get for a mere $5) i was doing to have some words with the racer but he mysteriously disappeared after the race! i was aso going to go to the officials but i forgot his unmber and there was a ton of blue/white 250Xs and i didnt want to get the wrong person in trouble. if hes there next week and tried to pull that B.S. again a am reporting him! thats all i could think of on the ride home was how much of an *** that guy was and how uncalled for it was! not to worry though, after this sunday the X motor is going down to nothing for a full rebuild, milling, hi comp piston, tc stage 2 cam, and im gonna work a lil more magic on the ports!

Old 05-01-2001, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

What is the name of the track you raced at? I live close to you.