Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

84 Honda ATC250R need help with taillight

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84 Honda ATC250R need help with taillight

Hello I would like some help with connecting an aftermarket light using the wires already there. I miss placed my original light assy. I tried connecting a taillight assy off a banshee NO work. Please help will appreciate your help trying to go out riding and here in So Cal it’s a ticket waiting to happen.

Old 01-14-2022, 03:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 325 Likes on 317 Posts

I can't see why any taillight would not work as all you need is the positive wire from light switch and an earth. Doubtful if there would be a brake light back in 84 but that too would need connecting up, if fitted. Some bikes use AC head and tail lights but the same applies, except the bike needs to be running for the lights to work. Green is the earth wire colour in Honda land, not sure what colour the feed from light switch is.

The following users liked this post:
LBWest (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 04:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks buddy

Originally Posted by merryman
I can't see why any taillight would not work as all you need is the positive wire from light switch and an earth. Doubtful if there would be a brake light back in 84 but that too would need connecting up, if fitted. Some bikes use AC head and tail lights but the same applies, except the bike needs to be running for the lights to work. Green is the earth wire colour in Honda land, not sure what colour the feed from light switch is.
thanks a lot it worked out!!