Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rubicon...not enough power!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2001, 05:09 AM
JRM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, i am hearing alot of good about the 650 also, but I still like the looks of my rubicon better

Old 05-27-2001, 01:13 PM
Range Rover

Tex, it appears that Quadfather will say anything to boost his image of his quad. That's okay. If it makes him feel better then let him indulge.
As far as the Rubi being underpowered, I have not noticed it on mine. When I installed the 27" Bugs I noticed a little difference in power in D1. I have since added 28" Outlaws and can not tell much difference in power between the two tires. Now, I have not been in the really thick stuff yet, because it has rained very little around here. I can't wait to try it out in good thick mud. I am pleased with the Rubi's performance. Other people who have ridden quads much longer than I have and ridden other brands are impressed with the Rubi's power. These same people have ridden it with the 28" Outlaws and are still impressed with how the Rubi pulls them.
Quadfather needs to go to another area of the forum where his superior intelligence can be appreciated. ??????????

Old 05-30-2001, 10:28 PM
Trailblazer

I have riden a sportman 500 with vanpires on it. The tires really slow it down and it don't seem to have the tires speed to go through the mud. Plus it you sink these things in water you will have to buy a new $600 computer chip. I don't know why they don't water proof the brain of the system and the electical is to great either.

Old 05-30-2001, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I have sank mine. And so have a ton of friends. Take a look at my deep water pics...we ride in that stuff every week. What makes you think the SP500 has no computers?

Old 05-30-2001, 11:59 PM
Range Rover

TEXMud

Did I say that it didnt? Read all the posts...I never said that. I have yet to see a stock quad that has enough power that you can put on 28s and not feel a powerloss. Yes even the all mighty sp500ho loses power when you put on 28s.

hey TEXMud....what about the AC 500 manual (like mine) hehe i have 28s on there (28x10 and 28x12 outlaws) and i can pull them in 1 and 2nd low (1st for the THICK stuff) know with the 28s i CAN NOT pull them in 1 high....well...if i get enough momentium i can...but most of the time i have to (before i enter a mud hole) put it in 2nd low then hit the mud hole.

and also...the new 02 ACs will have more power and look a HELL of alot more better....just wait and see [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (ive seen'em and they are totally re-designed....front to rear)

Old 05-31-2001, 03:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

It depends alot on the condition that your in for having enough power. Like TexMud he rides in lots of mud and water. That doesn't take near the power it does as pulling a hevy load on dry dirt. I use my quads on the farm, they get alot of hard use (harder then they should). I'm not saying the Ruby is bad, its by far the best quad I'v every had, but I have run it out of power. My Polaris 400 2-stroke has got to be the most powerful 4x4 quad out their. The only problem its a 2-stroke, only runs good wide open loads up at low RPMs. I have neighbors that have Polaris 500s that use them to pull sprayers and they can't keep up with a 400 2-stroke. The Ruby performed just a tad better then the Polaris 500 on pulling the sprayer.

Just my 2-cents [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2001, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer

texmud what do you mean buy why I don't think these things don't have computers. I never sank one before but had a freind that has recked is in a mudhole/waterhole. It was a 96 sp500. Did they changes these things since?

Old 06-01-2001, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

First off sinking a quad and electronics have nothing to do with each other. I ride in water all the time and I have sank mine and I have many friends who have sank their Rubicons. Guess what...they still work. I dont have to buy any chips like you stated. Dont make false statements. Yes the precious SP500 does have electronics and even chips! Will they fail in water....they are no more likely to fail than the Rubicon's.

Old 06-01-2001, 07:20 AM
Trailblazer

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE POWER ON MY RUBICON, IT IS FANTASTIC!

ATVMASTER

Old 06-01-2001, 06:59 PM
Trailblazer

Texmud I not saying the honda rubicons and ranchers and foremans die when they go in water. I am saying that I know a guy with a POLARIS SPORTMANS 500 that wreched his chip when he sank it in water. I Have a foreman 400 and love them power house machines. I broke through the ice with it about 4 weeks ago and everything works great. Just had to drain the fluids and pull it over to get the water out. They things are very tought bikes and dam near water proof.

Quick Reply: Rubicon...not enough power!