Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Need help adding winch to new Rubi

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well about mounting a warren winch on the Rubicon there are the manufactor's way and ours. Personally I like ours. It sits higher, which means it is more easily used when stuck. It stays dryer and less debree gets on it and also I might add all the side angles to pulling yourself out are correct. If you want to see pictures of it and information on how to do it yourself email at huskerweaesl@hotmail.com or reply on here and I'll help you to set it up. Later.

Look at the Section of HOME MADE ACCESORIES......have rubicon homemade winch mount, and grill guard protector. Soon to have my pistol mount up for the Rancher. later all.

Scott

Old 06-11-2001, 02:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've also been researching winch mounting, I already know it's going to be a Warn 2500. The TSC (Tractor Supply Company) near me just started selling Warn Winches and Accessories. The 2500 is $399. A year ago, Cabelas had them for $379, theirs are up to $429 now. As far as mounting, I'm thinking of buying the "multi-mount" It's a 1 inch reese receiver type mount. You have a mount bracket with a 1" receiver that mounts to the front (just not exactly sure if it sticks out) and you also get a 1" receiver mount that bolts to the rear frame just below the tool box. This mount goes for around $160, but I like the idea of riding with the winch in the rear (concealed) and then if needing to winch from the front, I can easily move it. The mount kit is so much because your actually getting 2 mount kits along with easy disconnect wiring. I've seen it at warns website.
Also since I had to break down and buy my wife a Rubicon, I can buy a 2nd mount kit to put on her quad so she can pull me out. This would save us having to buy 2 winches and mounts for both.