Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

got busted by the cops today

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2001, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

me, my friend ben and his girlfriend all decided to go for a ride today. this is the first time i've gone riding in a long time. well we jsut got out to our track and a cop pulls up on a rubicon. gave ben a 75 dollar ticket. he said that they have given out at least 70 tickets this weekend. the cop was pretty nice. we didn't give him a hard time or anythign it all went pretty smooth. the guy who owns the property said he didn't care if we rode there but the cop says we need it in writing. the only reason that the cops are out patrolling it now is cuz some dumbass drove through the middle of a farmers field and did a big *** donut knocking down lots of his corn. if i knew who that guy was i'd kick his ***! some people just have to ruin it for everybody. now we don't have a single place to ride around here. we have to drive all the way up to byron.

Old 05-28-2001, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

a cop on a rubicon??????? man there must be a nuclear plant bringin in tons of money to pay for those cops!

Old 05-28-2001, 08:32 PM
Range Rover

hey juggalo you know how that rubicon is getting paid for?

70x75=$5250 in tickets. that only a few hundred bucks from the out the door price of a rubicon.
man those cops got it good.

Old 05-28-2001, 09:02 PM
Range Rover

I belive that if you were to get the landowners permission (in writing) prior to going to court, the court will dismiss the ticket.

As for the idiot that tore up his cornfield, it is unfortunate that one or two fools can't see that they make us all look bad.

If there is any way that the farmer can be repaid for his troubles, perhaps he will continue to allow the sensible riders to use his land. I think that there are a few people in this forum that would be willing to send the farmer a couple bucks to show that we appreciate people that support our sport.

Best of Luck,

Old 05-28-2001, 09:52 PM
Range Rover

on saturday i got busted by a fish and game officer . I was riding at a state park and he gave me a ticket for not being registered . I told him that i had just got it and had no time to get a registration but he didnt care . The fine was $108 + i had to get a registration $37 it cost alot of money for a day of riding around here !

Old 05-28-2001, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

my guess is that its being paid for with all the damn tickets their givin out! there were 3 other cops patrolling the area on the same type of quad. i think they were rubicons. i know it was one of the foremans. i didn't check to see if it had a shifter or not but i'm guessing its a rubicon.

Old 05-28-2001, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

What was the $75 ticket for...trespassing? I don't know of any law that says you have to have written permission to be on someones land, unless you are hunting of course. I was stopped by the police once and they told me they couldn't do anything unless the land owner complained. He said if they did file a complaint about me riding on their land it would be a $500 fine.
Written permission is required for hunting but for atv riding I would have to question what law you had broken.

Old 05-29-2001, 01:12 PM
Range Rover

you are not allowed on anyones land to do anything without written permission. it is THEIR land, not yours to do as you please. why would people buy land if they can use anyone's land for whatever they want? do people use your land for a cookout?

Old 05-29-2001, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

It's called trespassing...

Old 05-29-2001, 06:21 PM
Range Rover

my friend got busted on his 500 polaris he got four tickets one was for not having a drivers license and another for being under age and not having it regesterd and another for speeding and they impounded his four wheeler

Quick Reply: got busted by the cops today