Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I was Smoked by a Sportsman !

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2001, 12:17 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fruitjacket,I know a guy who has a new honda and its in the shop all the time too.I was born in 1957 if that has anything to do with anything.In my last post I said I've been trail riding for five years I should have said on quads,I have rode dirt bikes since 1978.I have owned Honda's,I have nothing against Honda's. Everyone knows they build a good quad.I just bought my daughter a 250EX.It just sounds to me like thats the only reason a lot of these guys buy them.You know what I'm saying somebody will make a post about getting beat on their Honda in some way or another and there will be five people get on here and say "well at least your Honda will still be around ten years from now", heck what won't be here ten years from now if you keep patching on it. TEX-mud I'd love to come down there and bring my H.O. and sling some mud with you guys but dog-gone-it its eleven hundred miles from here to Houston. I ride with all brands here to and I know they all will break sooner or later, but TEX I'll tell you man the Rubys around here can't hang with this old man at least in the mud anyway.

Old 06-10-2001, 12:41 PM
Range Rover

I don't think there is a quad out there that is any better than the other. They all have areas they each excel in. I have a Rubicon and love it. Its not under powered as some would have you believe. I really don't care which quad beats me in a drag race as long as the one I ride does what I want it to do. And I don't care what type of quad is with me when I am riding as long as when and if I get stuck he can help me out. If you ride hard you are bound to have some type of trouble at one time or another. Just ride and have fun.

Old 06-10-2001, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer

The problem with the Ruby is that the throttle response sucks.My moms boyfriend has one and I ride it all the time and on takeoff it slowly pulls and makes a wining sound like the Polaris.One reason I think that it does that is the automatic trany.It even has 26" Mudzillas.

Old 06-10-2001, 06:59 PM
Range Rover

You may want to check to see how much slack you have in the throttle cable. Try adjusting the slack out and see if this helps. I did not know that 26" zillas were being sold. I only thought 28" zillas were out. Let everyone know how the 26" zillas perform.

Someone asked what the top speed of the Rubicon is. There are two guy's here that have Rubi's with 26" bugs who have maxed their Rubi's out at top speed. One topped out at 54mph and the other at 55mph under the same conditions. A friend of mine did a minor modification for them. They were both run under the same conditions and one topped out at 58mph and the other topped out at 59mph. This test was done a couple of times and proved the same each time. I will say this, the mods. did not involve rejetting or a new filter.

Old 06-10-2001, 08:05 PM
Range Rover

Rubione,

Are you going to tell us what they did to improve their top end??? I'm curious, even though I dont have a Rubi...

Eric

Old 06-11-2001, 01:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-11-2001, 08:54 AM
Range Rover

I'm assuming that the "minor modification" was the adjustment in the throttle cable....

Old 06-11-2001, 12:23 PM
Range Rover

Actually, I have not told them about the throttle cable. These guys don't visit the forum so they are not aware of the cable issue. The modification done was without any adjustment in the cable. The next time I see them I will tell them about the cable and see what difference it makes to adjust it.

Old 06-11-2001, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

So what was the minor modification?

Old 06-11-2001, 01:08 PM
Range Rover

I will e-mail it to you.

Quick Reply: I was Smoked by a Sportsman !