Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

300 EX

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2001, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I AM CONSIDERING BUYING A 300 EX. WHAT IS THERE TO RIDING A WHEELY ON ONE IS IT DIFFICULT TO DO WITHOUT DROPPING THE CLUTCH. HOW WOULD ANY OF YOU DO IT. I WILL NOT DROP THE CLUTCH ON ONE IF I DONT NEED TO.

Old 06-08-2001, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't ridden a 300ex, but my friends Warrior does a wheelie without dropping the clutch. He has to pull up on the handlebars, but that is it. Also, I know that you can do one without dumping the clutch if you get on your knees on the seat. I think there is a movie of a 300ex doing a REALLY long wheelie at www.bikepics.com in the movies section. Later.

-Josh

Old 06-08-2001, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

The 300 has really good manners. It will wheelie easily, but not so easily that you're constantly fighting to keep the front end on the ground. I'm heavy and it's hard work for me to wheelie any bike. I never dump the clutch. My favorite method is pin the throtle in 2nd gear and yank back on the bars.

Old 06-08-2001, 04:09 PM
Range Rover

I got a 250X basically the same as a 300ex and all i have to do is give a slight tug of the bars and punch the throttle and i can get it through all the gears fine with that method for some reason it is easier for me to ride wheelies with the front tires turned all the way in one direction it helps me keep my balance or something.

Old 06-08-2001, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

Can you wheely a 300ex....?

Oh yeah...no clutch needed. In first through 3rd, it will come right up if needed. I had a 300ex for a few years...I found that it like to wheely too much. But it might have been me.

I can't think of too many sport quads (with a clutch) where I have had to dump the clutch to get it to wheely. Actually the 300ex and now the 400ex are the easiest machines I have ever owned to ride long drawn out wheelies on. My banshee will do it...just takes more work.

Now a polaris 500 4x4 gave me some trouble...I had to kneel on the rear rack, hammer it...and hope it does not land on me. Can't be good for it though. Actually, any of the scrambler series gave me trouble with wheelies...I felt I was beating the crap out of the quad trying to do it.